Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

ACS Versioned clientlibs not working in AEM 6.5

Level 2

Hello All,

We have implemented versioned clientlibs as per this documentation: https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/versioned-clientlibs/index.html. And we are using ACS commons version 4.6.0. However, the documentation says it stops supporting from version 4.6.2.  The versioning is not happening. 

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Ram

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @RamTejaReddy 

Which version of AEM you are using? AEM 6.5.X?

Have you configured all the required changes as mentioned in the document, specifically the rewriter configuration along with the OSGi config.

You need to create one VersionedClientlibTransformerFactory config with the below details:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jcr:root xmlns:sling="http://sling.apache.org/jcr/sling/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0"
jcr:primaryType="sling:OsgiConfig"
disable.versioning="{Boolean}false"
enforce.md5="{Boolean}true"
md5cache.size="300"/>

If all the configs are configured correctly, then it will work perfectly fine.

Thanks! 

Level 2

Hi @Asutosh_Jena_ Thanks for the details. I'm using AEM 6.5.5. I configured everything as per the documentation and also set disable.versioning to 'false' and enforce.md5 to 'true'. However, the versioning is still not working.

Thanks,

Ram

Community Advisor

Hi @RamTejaReddy 

I am using AEM 6.5.5.0 with ACS Commons 4.7.0.

Can you try with 4.7.0 and see if it fixes the issue?

<dependency>
<groupId>com.adobe.acs</groupId>
<artifactId>acs-aem-commons-bundle</artifactId>
<version>4.7.0</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.adobe.acs</groupId>
<artifactId>acs-aem-commons-content</artifactId>
<version>4.7.0</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
<type>content-package</type>
<classifier>min</classifier>
</dependency>

Level 2

@Asutosh_Jena_ Thanks for the details. I've tried as you mentioned but it didn't help. Actually I have upgraded my instance to 6.5.10 and installed ACS commons 4.12.0. However, this didn't work too. Any suggestions or alternate solutions please?

Thanks,

Ram

Level 4

Hi @RamTejaReddy ,

We also experienced same problem when we upgraded our AEM version. Please check what is your current version of AEM and ACS commons version you are using.

6.5.7 version of aem and above has to use ACS 4.11.2 version or above.

Also please check if you have Osgi configuration correct and in right node structure such that it is loading in your instance.

Thankyou.

Level 2

@MohitKumarK Thanks for providing details. I've tried with ACS 4.12.0 but didn't work. Was the versioning working for you previously on AEM  vanilla 6.5 instance ?

Thanks!