Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ACS Report Builder in Publish

Level 5

Hi,

I have ACS report builder installed in AEM 6.5 Publish instance. I created a new report and clicked on pencil edit icon. It does not have any component in it.

aemuser001_0-1694809559959.png

In Author instance I do see the components as seen below. I can create the report and run it.

aemuser001_1-1694809782741.png

My question is - is it possible to create the same kind of report in Publish instance, or should the report be designed in Author and then be pushed to publish using the replication agent? If yes, how can this be done for acs reports?

Is there a way to periodically schedule this report to run daily? How can this be done.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Leena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @aemuser001,

This is expected behavior that you can't edit the report on publish instance - this due the way how AEM publish instance was designed - it is not only for report tool but also other functionalities like pages.

To transfer your custom report definition from author to publish you can use one of below options, keeping in mind reports are stored under /var/acs-commons/reports:

• Use AEM OOTB tree activation tool - it can be found under /libs/replication/treeactivation.html
    ootb-tree-activation.png
  • Use Tree Activation from Manage Controlled Processes tool from AEM ACS Commons
    • open /apps/acs-commons/content/manage-controlled-processes.html
    • click on Start Process button
    • select Tree Activation from list
      Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 23.22.38.png
    • run process
      acs-tree-activation-2.png
  • Create crx package and install it or publish from package manager
  • Publish report directly from crx

Regarding scheduling report generation. This option is not provided by ACS Commons Report Builder. However you can try to create sling scheduler and use java api exposed by ACS Commons Report - https://github.com/Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-commons/tree/master/bundle/src/main/java/com/ad...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @aemuser001,

This is expected behavior that you can't edit the report on publish instance - this due the way how AEM publish instance was designed - it is not only for report tool but also other functionalities like pages.

To transfer your custom report definition from author to publish you can use one of below options, keeping in mind reports are stored under /var/acs-commons/reports:

• Use AEM OOTB tree activation tool - it can be found under /libs/replication/treeactivation.html
    ootb-tree-activation.png
  • Use Tree Activation from Manage Controlled Processes tool from AEM ACS Commons
    • open /apps/acs-commons/content/manage-controlled-processes.html
    • click on Start Process button
    • select Tree Activation from list
      Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 23.22.38.png
    • run process
      acs-tree-activation-2.png
  • Create crx package and install it or publish from package manager
  • Publish report directly from crx

Regarding scheduling report generation. This option is not provided by ACS Commons Report Builder. However you can try to create sling scheduler and use java api exposed by ACS Commons Report - https://github.com/Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-commons/tree/master/bundle/src/main/java/com/ad...