Expand my Community achievements bar.

ACS Commons sitemap servlet generates wrong sitemap URL

Level 2

Hi all,

I have been using ACS commons run-time sitemap servlet. When hit with the home page url,

i.e abc/sitemap.xml , it gives us the list of sitemap URLs of children. Among the few of the generated sitemap urls when entered in browser returns 404. what may be the possible cause for this issue?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi

It sounds like the URL is not being correctly generated in the sitemap, can you please double-check that you are configuring correctly the Externalizer? Here you can find more details about it: https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/sitemap/index.html 

Esteban Bustamante

Level 2

Hi

So as far as I observed, among the sitemap links generated, some of them belongs to unpublished pages and old URLs. When I checked for cache in Network tab, I was able to observe that cache was not stored and life time is set to 0. As for the configuration , we are using a bit modified Sitemap servlet from OOTB ACS commons servlet. The configuration seems to be valid as the same configuration works good for other subsequent projects (assume that our custom servlet is common for multiple projects).