Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ACLs Permissions to hide "Synchronize live copy" option

Level 2

Dear Community members,

I would like to know how can I set permissions (ACLs) in order to hide the "Synchronize live copy" option for a group of users outside a certain path.

I have a group of editors that are only allowed to edit pages under a certain path. I also want them to be unable to synchronize a live copy with its source if this source page is outside their assigned path.

manuel_scars89_0-1687957469052.png

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Manuel, ACL's are not too granular to achieve what you need. But because you only need to hide the option, using the granite:render condition will achieve your requirement.

Basically, what you need to do is:

1. Create a custom renderCondition which will check the user logged in permission prior render the button

2. Assign the custom renderCondition to the button you want to hide.

Here is an excellent article with code samples explaining in detail what you need to do: https://jpsoares.medium.com/aem-granite-render-conditions-438c804b1e5a

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Manuel, ACL's are not too granular to achieve what you need. But because you only need to hide the option, using the granite:render condition will achieve your requirement.

Basically, what you need to do is:

1. Create a custom renderCondition which will check the user logged in permission prior render the button

2. Assign the custom renderCondition to the button you want to hide.

Here is an excellent article with code samples explaining in detail what you need to do: https://jpsoares.medium.com/aem-granite-render-conditions-438c804b1e5a

Esteban Bustamante

Community Advisor

Hello @manuel_óscars89 - 

In AEM as a Cloud Service, the permission that controls synchronization of live copies is typically associated with the "Replicate" permission. To restrict the "Synchronize live copy" option, you would remove or deny the "Replicate" permission for the paths outside the allowed path.

Here's is how to remove or deny the "Replicate" permission:

1. Navigate to the Permissions Console.

2. In the Permissions Console, create a new ACL entry or modify an existing one that controls the permissions for the group of users you identified.

3. Within the ACL entry, grant the necessary permissions for the allowed path (let's say : "/content/mysite"). Here's how to do it:

• Click on the "Add Entry" button within the ACL entry.
  • Specify the allowed path (let's say : "/content/mysite") in the "Path" field.
  • Grant the required permissions (such as read, write, or edit) to the group of users for this path.

4. Configure the ACL entry to restrict permissions for paths outside the allowed path (let's say outside: "/content/mysite") and remove or deny the "Replicate" permission. Here's how to do it:

• Within the same ACL entry, click on the "Add Entry" button again.
  • Specify the path pattern that covers paths outside the allowed path. For example, use "/content/*" to cover all paths outside "/content/mysite".
  • In the "Permissions" field, remove or deny the "Replicate" permission. This action will prevent synchronization of live copies for the specified paths.

5. Associate the ACL entry you created or modified with the group of users you identified earlier. Here's how to do it:

• In the ACL entry, click on the "Add Principals" button.
  • Select the group of users from the list and add them as principals for this ACL entry.

6. Save the ACL entry and test the configuration.