Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ACL is not working for Touch UI.

Level 2

Hi,

When i tried to overwrite the following path from libs to apps ACL is not reflecting. 

/libs/dam/gui/content/assets/jcr:content/body/assetscontent/header/items/selection/items/moveasset

Actual Issue: When we have delete and move permissions are not working in touch ui even though user does not have permissions for it. To fix this issue i am giving deny permissions to above mentioned path by copying the same path from lib to apps. And then giving the deny permissions. But it is not reflecting. If i gave the same permissions to libs path it is working fine. Please let me know what could be he issue. 

Thanks,

Manikanta.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

When you overlay product code out of the /libs folder with your own version in /apps, ACLs in /libs are no longer reflected. Assume, that you don't have read access on a node in /libs (because there's a deny rule), but on /apps. Then the system thinks, that there is no overlay at all (which is perfectly fine), and just takes /apps.

So when you do overlays, you need to make sure, that the same ACLs are applied in /libs and /apps; only then  neither the original nor the overlay node are affected by ACLs.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Actually, permissions should be handled at the groups level.

Create a Group and then add a deny ACL on that group for 'moveasset'. Add all your users to the group and check.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

When you overlay product code out of the /libs folder with your own version in /apps, ACLs in /libs are no longer reflected. Assume, that you don't have read access on a node in /libs (because there's a deny rule), but on /apps. Then the system thinks, that there is no overlay at all (which is perfectly fine), and just takes /apps.

So when you do overlays, you need to make sure, that the same ACLs are applied in /libs and /apps; only then  neither the original nor the overlay node are affected by ACLs.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 4

Hi Jörg,

We overlayed the below node from /libs to /apps and giving ACL to /apps works fine here.

/apps/wcm/core/content/damadmin/actions/move

It contradicts what you said above.

We tried to follow the same for touch UI node ( /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/jcr:content/body/assetscontent/header/items/selection/items/moveasset) , but is not working.

But do you suggest giving ACL to /libs are fine?

Employee Advisor

Hi,

When you only need to apply the ACL to /apps, then the code works differently than I actually remember. Need to look it up sometimes :-)

But from my point of view adding ACLs to /libs is ok. You just need to document it. Because you don't patch, you only augment. And you don't need to re-apply a patch to /libs, but just make sure, that the ACLs are there.

kind regards,
Jörg