Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Access issue through sling.scripting in aem 6.4

Level 2

Hi,

We are migrating from AEM 6.2 to 6.4. In 6.2, we are able to access  any node under /etc or /content using sling-scripting bundle. but the same is not working  in aem 6.4.

Steps to Reproduce the issue:

1. Get the ResourceResolverFactory from "getSling().getService(ResourceResolverFactory.class)"

2. Get the resource resolver and system user from the above factory.

3. Get the resource using "resourceResolver.getResource("/etc/cloudServices") ".

and I have created the system user and gave the access to /etc.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Yeah, you are right. I am just rewriting this in sling model by using a service to get the valid system user.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Can you please post your entire Code so community can see what you are doing.

Also - are you able to get other JCR locations? 

Employee Advisor

In later versions the permissions of the sling-scripting user has been restricted, that means that any scripts (HTL oder JSP) are limited in what they can see.

Jörg

Level 10

I have never seen an issue getting JCR resources as i am mostly using Java and strongly-typed APIs.

Level 2

Please find the bellow code. public class StartComponent extends AbstractComponent{       private static Logger log = LoggerFactory.getLogger(StartComponent.class);     /** dialog property variable formid. */ @JcrProperty(name = "formid") private String  formid;         /** dialog property variable overridebsubmitText. */     @JcrProperty(name = "overrideanalyticssubmittext")     private String  overrideanalyticssubmittext;         /** dialog property variable actionType. */     @JcrProperty(name = "actionType")     private String actionType;         @JcrProperty(name = "invisibleCaptcha")     private String invisibleCaptcha;         @JcrProperty(name = "disableCaptcha")     private String disableCaptcha;       /** added field to override omniture value for submit button  */     private String analyticssubmittext;     private String captchaKey ="";         private String invisibleCaptchaKey ="";         private ResourceResolver resourceResolver;     @Override public void doAction() {     getComponentContext().setDecorate(true);                   resourceResolver = Utilities.getResourceResolver(getSling().getService(ResourceResolverFactory.class)); // getting systemuser from Utilities         log.debug("resourceResolver :{}",resourceResolver);         Resource resource = resourceResolver.getResource("/etc/cloudservices/googlecaptcha");  // this value is null. if it is only one level('/etc' or '/apps') then it is returning the resource properly         log.debug("resource :{}",resource);         Node etcCaptchaNode =resource.adaptTo(Node.class);         log.debug("etcCaptchaNode :{}",etcCaptchaNode);         try {     //Do something         }catch (Exception e) { log.error("Exception :{}",e); }         //TODO To be verified         finally {             if (resourceResolver != null) {             resourceResolver.close();             }                     }         }     This is written for AEM 6.2 but the same is not working in AEM 6.4.

Community Advisor

First, normally formatted code:

public class StartComponent extends AbstractComponent {

private static Logger log = LoggerFactory.getLogger(StartComponent.class);

/**
  * dialog property variable formid.
  */
   @JcrProperty(name = "formid")

private String formid;

/**
  * dialog property variable overridebsubmitText.
  */
   @JcrProperty(name = "overrideanalyticssubmittext")

private String overrideanalyticssubmittext;

/**
  * dialog property variable actionType.
  */
   @JcrProperty(name = "actionType")

private String actionType;

@JcrProperty(name = "invisibleCaptcha")

private String invisibleCaptcha;

@JcrProperty(name = "disableCaptcha")

private String disableCaptcha;

/**
  * added field to override omniture value for submit button
  */
   private String analyticssubmittext;

private String captchaKey = "";

private String invisibleCaptchaKey = "";

private ResourceResolver resourceResolver;

@Override
   public void doAction() {

getComponentContext().setDecorate(true);

resourceResolver = Utilities.getResourceResolver(getSling().getService(ResourceResolverFactory.class)); // getting systemuser from Utilities
   log.debug("resourceResolver :{}", resourceResolver);

Resource resource = resourceResolver.getResource("/etc/cloudservices/googlecaptcha");  // this value is null. if it is only one level('/etc' or '/apps') then it is returning the resource properly
   log.debug("resource :{}", resource);

Node etcCaptchaNode = resource.adaptTo(Node.class);

log.debug("etcCaptchaNode :{}", etcCaptchaNode);

try //Do something
   } catch (Exception e) {

log.error("Exception :{}", e);

} finally {

if (resourceResolver != null) {

resourceResolver.close();

}

}

}

Secondly, relying on sling script helper to get you nodes under /etc/cloudservices, is not something I would expect to happen.

Best, would be to rewrite this and have a normal ResourceResolver with official permissions to read from /etc/cloudservices.

Regards,

Peter

Level 2

I gave the access to sling-scripting user then it is working fine.

Employee Advisor

I don't think that messing with the permissions of the ootb service-users is a good idea. This user is "owned" by the system, and if these permissions are ever going to be adapted (not sure if that will happen), I doubt that it will be outlined as such. The result is that your kind might break for no apparent reason.

I never had the reason to adapt the permissions of a service-user. It's like you are always working with the Administrator account on Windows.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Yeah, you are right. I am just rewriting this in sling model by using a service to get the valid system user.