Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

6.4 AEM Component design recommendation on component-layout

Level 1

I noticed, the core components (v2) do not let author define the placement (left right or center alignments) of the component on the page and they do not even let author define width, not through the dialog authoring nor through the style system, both the alignment and sizing can well be I assume this is because of the availability of the powerful layout container.

Is this philosophy of using responsive grid to achieve the desired layout of the components always recommended? even for the custom components I create for my site? 

Are there any other key points/criteria I should consider before following the similar philosophy?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You are correct - as far as placement, you would drag a core component into a grid, If you want a 3 by 3 grid, you can create that and drop a core component into the cell that meets you needs. As far as design, see the Weekend tutorial here:

Getting Started with AEM Sites - WKND Tutorial

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

You are correct - as far as placement, you would drag a core component into a grid, If you want a 3 by 3 grid, you can create that and drop a core component into the cell that meets you needs. As far as design, see the Weekend tutorial here:

Getting Started with AEM Sites - WKND Tutorial