Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

visualize app with XCode

Level 2

Hi, I created an app for iOS and I signed it with the Adobe Publish Signing Tool, but I can't visualize it with XCODE. It give me an error message:"A valid provisioning profile for this exucutable was not found". I checked the certificate and I think it is correct, I've already  add my iPad to the list of the devices of the provisioning profile.

9 Replies

Employee

‌After you added the device to the mobileprovision file, did you then use that newly updated file when signing the app?

Employee Advisor

Did the App Signing tool spit out a "signed" app? If so, are you sure your device's UDID was included on the mobile provision profile? That warning on XCODE means that the device you are trying to load it on isn't on the provision profile list.

Level 2

Hi Ivan, thank you so much, but I check the list and the UDID of my devices is included in the list. I build the app from the begin and I have the same problem.

This is what I do to build the app:

• create app on the iOS developer website
  • download the certificates for the push notification (developer and prodcution) – Push Notification.cer
  • create the CSR from Keychain Access.
  • sign the Push Notification.cer certificates with the CSR to obtain the p12 certificates (developer and production)
  • add my devices from the iOS developer website and download the mobile provison for developer and production
  • create my app in DPSolution
  • download the unsigned .ipa file (from DPSolution)
  • use the new Adobe App signing tool to sign the .ipa file with the p12 development and the mobile provision that I’ve just downloaded
  • obtain the .ipa signed file of my new app
  • sign in on XCode and refresh the certificate mobile provision
  • THIS IS WHERE I GET THE PROBLEM: I can’t view the app and the devices and I get this message:

“A valid provisioning profile for this executable was no found”

HELP! What am I doing wrong?

Looking forward to your feedback

Thanks

Employee

After you do the third-to-last step (obtain the signed .ipa file), can you load that .ipa file onto a device? (Connect your device. In Xcode, choose Window >  Devices, and drag the signed .ipa file into apps area of the selected device.)

My guess is that when you do the second-to-last step (refreshing the mobile provision file in Xcode), you're un-signing the app.

Level 2

Hi Bob, that's precisely the problem: I can't load the signing ipa file in XCode. In Xcode I did the correct process that you explain, also I delete the ipa file and I repeat steps 7-8-9... but I get the same message: A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found. Any further suggestions? thx

Employee

Are you sure the UDID is correct? Some third-party tools provide the wrong UDID. Double-check the UDID in iTunes.

Level 2

Hi Bob, I check the UDID ub iTunes and it is correct.

Employee

‌Hi,

are you able to load the signed app, prior to step 7, onto a device that has been provisioned using ITunes?