Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

View content only in top-level collection?

Level 2

Hello,

I have a couple of collections in my top-level. However, I only want to view the first article in both the collections, instead of viewing as browse pages. Is that possible?

12 Replies

Level 6

If you set the TLC's "Collection Open Default" in the collections Metadata page to "Content View" you should be able to view the first article within that Collection, rather than a browse page.

Level 6

Sorry, your Top Level Collection - you had referred to that in your first comment.

So, after re-reading your comment - Yes, select the Collection in which you want to just view the article, and select "Edit". This opens the metadata page for the collection. Toward the bottom right column on the metadata is a parameter for choosing how you'd like to display the contents of the collection. Browse Page is the default view, but you can change that to Content view which will display the first article within the collection.

hope this helps

Level 2

OK, thank you. That seems to work for collections NOT in the top level, but not for collections in the top level. Any other suggestion on how to get this to work? If not, I will have to completely redo the content map of the app.

Level 6

Hmm... I just dropped an article at the top position of my Top Level Collection and set the Collection to open as Content View and it worked fine.  I don't know what you mean by it wont work at the Top Level.

If you put a Collection as the first item in the TLC, then Yes, it will display the Collection. However, if you put the first item you want to have displayed (an article) as the first item AND you select to display it as Content View, it should work just as you want it to.

Level 2

Just so we're on the same page, when we say Top Level, we're talking about the top row of the Content Map page, correct? In the second position of the Top Level in the Content Map page, I have a collection with a number of items in it, about 15 other articles or collections. When I set that collection to Content View, it still displays as a browse page when I access it from the side navigation menu.

Level 2

Anyone have anything about this? Would be great if I could set a top-level collection to NOT view as a browse page, and instead just the first item.

Employee

Hi JoSchro,

You simply need to move an article to the first item in a top-level collection.

In your navigation rail, click on 'Collections', select your 'topLevelPhoneContent' then click 'Edit Content in Collection'. From here you can see on the right the ability to drag and drop articles and collections that are within your topLevelPhoneContent (or TabletContent). Make sure the top item is your article and then don't forget to publish and/or preflight your changes.

Cheers.

Level 4

Hi JoSchro,

I am assuming collections means asset collections.

We have an api to get assets from collection. Get one asset from each collection and display it.

Collection api URL : ResourceCollection (Adobe CQ 5.6.1 Java Documentation 5.6.1 API)

Sample code :

Resource collectionResource = resourceResolver.getResource(collectionpath);

ResourceCollection collection = (ResourceCollection) collectionResource.adaptTo(ResourceCollection.class);

Iterator<Resource> resources = collection.getResources();

Iterate through resources and you will get assets from collection.

Level 2

Hi, thank you for your response. If I have a number of items in a top-level collection (for example called Top-Level-Collection2), when I select that item from the side navigation menu (by tapping on the three horizontal lines at the top left), all the content within that collection display as a browse page. This still happens at the top level, even if I set the Collection Open Default to Content View. Can you confirm that this does or does not happen to you?

Employee

Hi JoSchro,

Let's say you have a number of articles and collections within your topLevelPhoneContent collection. Then collections within that topLevelPhoneContent collection have, either articles and/or collections as children.  In your case, let's say you have a topLevelPhoneContent collection 'A' that itself contains article 'B' and collection 'B' (2 items).  When you tap on the 'hamburger' button to open the slide-out menu and select collection 'B' you see a browse page - correct?  Does collection 'B' have an article as the first item in the collection and of course collection 'B' is set to open to Content View?

Cheers.

Level 2

When I tap on the hamburger icon, I only see the options in the Top Level, and by Top Level I mean the top row in the content map. So that means I do not even see Collection B in the hamburger menu dropdown, since it is not part of the Top Level. With the collection in the Top Level, the first item is an article, but when I select that collection from the hamburger dropdown, it displays as a browse page, even though I set the view settings to Content View.