Some great new ideas in the New Browse Page Authoring Tool... loads of progress made there.
I hope you can look at these suggestions, which will help productivity and speed of delivery for teams using DPS2015. The Folio Producer tools worked well in places - and it would be good to replicate some of the features.
• The ability to open and edit an article placeholder from within a collection listing in the portal - if the article appears in more than one place, one could apply changes to all locations
• To have another column on the article and collection listing to show which top level navigation its appearing in or both. ie: when working with iPhone this is really useful etc
• To be able to 'wildcard' search through THOUSANDS of back issue articles. This is a massive ask as the existing isn't helpful
• To be able to group articles in the Content list for production purposes - this is to be able to multi-select a lot of articles at any one time
• To be able to change the name of an article or collection in the list - as per Folio Producer Editor - this would save loads of time - instead of having to open it
• To able to 'mark' articles and collections with a colour dot - this would aid production teams
• To be able to 'Lock' articles and collections once signed off - is this possible and a good idea?
• To be able to show more than three pieces of metadata in a card
• To be able to import in an HTML card - this is a key priority - for advertising and subscription entitlement
• To be able to SAVE Layout Templates across different projects - this is a priority ask - especially at large publishers makes total sense
• To be able to SAVE card templates across projects as per above
• To be able to duplicate existing article placeholders (ie: no content uploaded yet) and modify the copied articles - one could create an entire issue (or collection) this way - 'Make 20 copies' etc as opposed to one article at a time - automation is so important
Thought of another idea.
• The ability to be able to create a secondary image for a collection, where that collection appears in another place. for example, in the main home browse, it has a 'designed image' for the card, and in another area, let's call this 'LIBRARY' we need to show the cover on its own (and not the 'designed image').