Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

New features in DPS 2015.2.1 beta release (July 13, 2015)

Employee

Enable Preview option

When you build an app, you can select the “Enable Preview” option to create a testing app that can display both published and unpublished content. Click the Preview icon whenever you want to make unpublished content available in the preview app.

Migration Preview Images

When you migrate DPS folios and articles to DPS 2015, you can decide whether to use the TOC images, which are usually 70x70 pixels, or you can generate a higher resolution image from the first page of the article, which might be more suitable for card display. In either case, you can replace these images when editing articles.

App improvements

iOS, Android, and Windows apps include performance enhancements, bug fixes, and clean-up for navigation and viewing. (For a list of bug fixes, see Digital Publishing Solution Help | Bug fix release notes for DPS 2015.)

Cards and Layouts Improvements

Layouts now include dynamic preview. Cards and layouts include several performance improvements and bug fixes.

Entitlement

When you edit the Integrator ID in project settings, updating the Android app now reflects the change, as do iOS and Windows apps. Google Play purchases are now supported. Error handling of entitlement issues has improved.

Push notifications

Background and text push notifcations are supported in iOS development apps. When you send a background notification for a collection, the first 50 articles in the collection are downloaded into local cache memory. (Explicit downloads of collections for offline viewing is not yet supported.)

Analytics

The Portal includes an Analytics section in the left rail that provides information and links. However, viewing analytics data for beta apps is not yet available.

For details, see the updated user guide in the beta resources page (http://www.adobe.com/go/dps_beta_resources). There are also minor updates to the Quick Start Guide and bootstrap assets.

10 Replies

Level 3

Hi, Bob

Nice news

Please, let me know where I can check which version Iam using in DPS portal. Because I think that updates have not happened yet

Regards

Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for replay

But I am loggin https://stage02.publish.adobe.com/

And the option to enable preview in App tab didnt show me.

Even I create a new one or edit.

See image

NewFeatureV2.1.jpg

Level 3

Thanks Neil

Just to know..What is the stage02. Was it only to pre-release?

Regards

Level 2

Yes, Stage02 has only been used by our prerelease customers. It was the

environment we had for a very small set of external customers prior to

having the beta. The beta is a much better experience and should be used

now. Both environments will be decommissioned on July 23rd.

Scott Dreier

sr. product manager | digital publishing | adobe | +1 415 832 2790 office

| +1 415 640 7206 mobile

Level 3

Hi, Scott

How are you?

Then after 23rd I will lost all apps, articles and collections published?

As a subscribe of classic DPS is possible the beta or stage02 accounts be upgrade to active account in DPS2015?

Regards

Level 2

That is correct. We are working on a tool to assist with migration. I’ll

let you know when its available, but it may not be available in time.

Also, as an existing classic DPS customer, you will get automatic access

to DPS 2015 when it launches.

It is not possible to migrate from beta/stage02 to production.

Scott Dreier

sr. product manager | digital publishing | adobe | +1 415 832 2790 office

| +1 415 640 7206 mobile