Expand my Community achievements bar.

MUSE HTML ARTICLES NOT LOADING ON iPHONE

Level 4

I have created several articles using adobe muse for use in DPS. Each include a tablet and phone design. When testing phone articles load intermittently.

More times then not, they do not display on th iPhone. They always load on the iPad however.

When an html article is created with only a phone layout it loads without issue on the phone.

I cannot tell is the issue is with Muse files or with DPS.

A resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to one HTML package from muse that Im converting using the "Adobe HTML Article Packager.”

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4S58WYZQRxUTURCdmJfdGVmWG8/view?usp=sharing

7 Replies

Level 6

I took a quick peek at your link, I'm confused now.

The Muse file opens with a story about space suits. And your HTML file is about windmills.

Neither seem to adapt to different browser sizes, and neither seem to indicate device size break points the way I'm used to seeing them.

Both files seem to be layouts for tablet-sized dimensions.

The current public release of Muse doesn't support responsive design, the they showed this at MAX and there's a pre-release at What’s New | Adobe Muse CC that you could look at.

Level 4

Thanks for taking the time. Perhaps I zipped the wrong ones.

Check these files out:

Archive 2.zip - Google Drive

I heard and watched about the responsive update that might come soon. Do we know when that might be?

Level 6

OK, the articles match now, but I don't see the indicators for media queries I typically see in Dreamweaver. And if you're using the release version of Muse (not the prerelease version) you cannot build phone/tablet layouts AFAIK.

When I look into your folder of content, I see extra stuff and clues that lead to suspicions about your challenge.

There are a couple of files and folders I suspect you don't need in an article:

-The html folder is empty,

- There's a folder and css for phone that may be intended for phone but a script that re-directs a phone to this code might not be working in a DPS context,

- And I'd likely delete the muse_manifiest.xml file.

That second point is most suspicious to me.

Go to the link, you can join the prerelease. I don't know when they will release.

Level 4

Ok. Thanks for the feed back it is appreciated.

I played a bit with throwing out unnecessary content that muse publishes and is not needed. (the html folder that was empty was my mistake) However no improvement.

I guess the fact that muse is not responsive means that when it publishes to html it is intending you will use the phone package and ipad separately.

I think your right that the redirect in the code is not working.

Level 6

Go join the Muse prerelease. Please!

Try their new responsive design, and bring it into DPS. Provide feedback to that prerelease. Please.   ;-)

Level 4

Soooo Wish I could. CC is blocked for us.

When I click the link to sign up i get this error:

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 4.24.24 PM.png

I will get with our rep and it team to see if their is a way I can sign up without CC activated.

Level 6

IMO, adding responsive layouts to Muse will push InDesign to the back burner for DPS.