Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Issues with navto://collection/[collectionname]

Level 2

Hello,

I am trying to link to a collection that is within a collection. navto://collection/[collectionname] does not seem to work in this scenario, what is the proper way to link to this collection using nav://?

Thanks!

7 Replies

Employee

navto://collection/[collectionname] should work. You might want to check the collection name for a typo.

Level 2

Also make sure that the collection you're trying to link to is published and/or preflighted.  I always forget that and run into the same thing.

Level 1

Thanks!

An update on the above:

In our app we have a "Library" Collection. We have articles that provide a weekly update in the library. These articles can also be accessed from the home collection.

When I click on the "go to library" button from the articles on the home collection it works (yay!) however when I am in the article that is within the library it doesn't. I am sure that both of these files are the same and that the link is correct.

Level 2

I saw in the changelog that today's update addresses some navto issues affecting a few different scenarios. Probably worth running a new build and seeing if it's fixed.

Employee

Let's hope that works. If you still run into the same problem, you might want to reach out to Support for troubleshooting.

Level 2

Thanks! I will try the new build and see if that works

Level 2

I saw a similar issue today, when linking a collection into a banner.

I've used:
navto://collection/collectionName

and didn't work.

then I've changed to:

navto://collection/collectionName?openTo=browsePage

and worked just fine.

hope it helps.

kind regards!