Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

IOS Subscription Policy Link Option?

Level 2

Hello,

We are experiencing some difficulty lately in getting our app approved by Apple. They state that the auto-renewal details MUST be located on the Subscription order page when making a purchase. There are not enough characters in the description field to include all the info needed, but a link would suffice. We noticed there is a Privacy Policy link located in the bottom left hand corner of the order page, is it possible to make a Subscription Policy option tab available when building the app? Also if anyone else has had the same problem and found a solution please let me know.

Thanks!

Travis

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Travis, can you confirm if this is with an AEM Mobile application or with DPS Classic?

Employee Advisor

Thanks, can you attach a screen grab of your current subscription paywall screen?

Employee Advisor

OK, I'm testing out a few things here with the strings. You can actually change some of the test defaults that appear in the app by expanding the app file.

1) Right-click on the .ipa file and choose Open With -> Archive Utility or Expander. Either one should result in unzipping the IPA file and giving you a Payload folder.

2) In the Payload folder you will see a Jupiter.app file. Right-click and select Show Package Contents

3) Locate the en.lproj folder. You will find a few .strings files. The BV_General.strings file has a bunch of language options around the purchase flow. I'm going to see if I can add in some text here that can augment what you have placed in your IAP description.

*Note -if you modify any of the files you will want to use a program like TextWrangler, TextMate or Xcode.

Level 2

Ok thanks for looking into it. I see what your talking about with expanding and adding text, problem is we need to add a lot of information. Mainly this,

- Your purchase of a magazine subscription through iTunes will, by default, auto-renew every 12 months

- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at the confirmation of purchase

- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.

- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current annual period, at the same price as the initial purchase.

- You can manage all of your subscriptions, and disable auto-renewal, by going to Account Settings any time after purchase.

- Any unused potion of a free trial period, if applicable, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.