Replies

Highlighted

Peter_Villevoye

08-08-2016

After a holiday and some other jobs, I finally had the chance of testing this solution in the project at hand. But I'm sorry to say that it doesn't seem to work - yet.

I placed the MuCow (1.2) file in the Master page, moved the little [ < > ] element somewhere at the top of the canvas, saved the Muse file and exported the HTML folder, processes the folder through the AEM Mobile Packager, and added it to an AEM project. But when viewed in the Previewer app on my iPad, the screen still won't reveal the navigation when I touch any part of the page.

I guess I must be forgetting something or doing something wrong...

Highlighted

ashe1

08-08-2016

So strange! It's entirely conceivable that it won't work with every kind of Muse project, as the different widgets and things can interact, but I haven't run into any trouble yet myself.

For troubleshooting purposes, I would recommend the following tests, in whatever order you deem most efficient:

• Make sure your AEMM article is actually updating. If it's a new article, that won't be the issue, but if you're just updating the article file in an existing article, it sometimes doesn't actually update properly, and you can force it to push the change by adding or removing something from a collection, or reorganizing things, and preflighting again.
  • Unzip your .article file, then open index.html of your article in a browser, view the source code, and then search for "aemm" to make sure the code is actually in there and converting properly. The code is commented with <!-- AEMM Gesture API --> for ease in locating it.
  • Open index.html of your exported Muse project in a browser, view the source code, and then search for "aemm" to make sure the code is actually in there and exporting properly.
  • If it's in there, but still not working, try the process with a new, blank or very simple (just text and images) Muse file. If the Muse file is new and empty, and the tap to toggle nav functionality works, that likely means something in your original file is conflicting with the script.

There are probably other things you can check, but that should get you started, and hopefully you'll discover the issue along the way.

Highlighted

Peter_Villevoye

08-08-2016

I tested it with a fairly simple existing page and a brand new page (Muse 2015.2), with just two colored rectangles as a header and footer and a few paragraphs of plain text in between. Note: both pages have been set up to be "fluid" ! Both pages refuse to display the app navigation. To be sure, I also tested a non-fluid version of another freshly build simple page, but again, in vain.

I checked to see if the custom script was still present in all pages, and it was. It wasn't commented with <-- AEMM something, but contained the introduction code below:

The rest of the code seemed pretty much to have something to do with setting gesture sensitivity for iOS devices.

I had no other widgets in use and I see no other unusual script code resident or referenced in the page.

Could you send me one of your working article files (being created with Muse and your MuCow) to test and hopefully rule out some possible causes ? peter@studea.nl

Highlighted

Keith_Gilbert

08-08-2016

Peter, I tested this last week, and had a similar experience. It didn't work at first, and I even verified that the AEMM code was preset in the Muse-generated HTML. BUT...then it all of a sudden began working, and has worked ever since! Unfortunately, I was changing so many things at once, that I'm not sure what the trigger that made it work was.

However, one (stupid) mistake I made is that I was mistakenly still using the old DPS-era HTML Article packager, instead of the new AEMMobilePackager.app. Both seem to do exactly the same thing, and the old packager produces valid packages that can be consumed by AEM. But, it may have been after I began packaging with the AEM Mobile Packager that things began working.

Highlighted

ashe1

08-08-2016

Ohhh, yes. I had forgotten I had changed the way it was commented, so // AEMM Gesture API is correct.

I believe I've discovered the problem. The code I wrote targets the .breakpoint class, but that doesn't exist without adding at least one additional breakpoint. If the Muse project is purely fluid, without additional breakpoints, that class doesn't exist for the code to find, and therefore it does nothing.

In my original version, I targeted the body tag, but a Muse update broke that for us, so I changed how I was doing it.

Stay tuned for an update while I figure out a better element to target.

Highlighted

Keith_Gilbert

08-08-2016

Yes, I think you nailed it, because in my first tests, I didn't have any additional breakpoints. Once I added breakpoints is when it started working.

Highlighted

ashe1

08-08-2016

Okay, my friends! Let's try version 1.3. It should (fingers crossed) work with or without breakpoints. I also reworked the code in a way I like better, so hopefully that didn't mess anything up.

It is working successfully in my tests.

Let me know how it goes!

GitHub - asheabbott/aem-mobile-gestures-api-for-muse: This Muse Configurable Options Widget (mucow) ...

Highlighted

Peter_Villevoye

08-08-2016

Sounds like a plausible cause and fix.

I'll give it a try, when I get my hands on my Mac...

Thanks in advance - I'll keep you posted.

Highlighted

Peter_Villevoye

08-08-2016

Houston, we lost the problem...

The navigation appears and reappears nicely when the screen is ticked anywhere.

We'll be testing more complex pages the next days, so I hope this version holds up.

Thanks for your very swift and adequate help, again !

I'm going to push some corporate Adobe buttons, to implement it into the packager

or offer some other structural solution "at the source". After all, it's their software.

And I'll be crediting you all the way !!