Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

dps article converter

Level 1

Hi,

I am using the dps article converter (which I love by the way). I do have a concern about large, multiple page pdf files. When I open the convertered pdfs (now article files) in the app, there seems to be no way to navigate to specific page or go back to a previous page. Am I missing a step?

Thanks,

Terry

3 Replies

Level 6

Linking in an AEMM app uses navto -- take a look at Hyperlinks in AEM Mobile for information about the syntax.

If your articles are built with InDesign, the links need to use navto.

If your articles are HTML, links use navto instead of http.

Navto includes support for linking to a page or into the article, it's covered in the Help topic.

HTH -- Colin

Level 1

Hi Colin, Thank you for responding. I am using neither InDesign nor HTML to create my articles. I am taking an existing pdf and converting it into an article file (via the Acrobat dps converter tool) that automatically uploads to my content in AEM. Is there any plans to add navigation within the browser window of my app to navigate these large converted files?

Thanks,

Terry

Level 6

The PDF converter is a convenient way to port content into AEM Mobile -- but I'm not aware of any plans to add tools to the converter to build custom navigation.

You get page based, swipe navigation. That's basically it.

I suppose you could work in Acrobat to add buttons that use relative navto syntax, but that feels like a lot of dubious work.

Alternately, if you're working with a large  document, you might split out chapters or sections and then convert these portions of the larger PDF into articles in AEM Mobile. Then they'd be treated as articles and you would have "shorter" articles when swiping down, and the next section would be swipe right/left.

Or you go back to the source and split it out there, perhaps that's InDesign.