Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Does anyone have any idea how much an App license for DPS 2015 costs after the 30 day trial runs out?

Level 2

I'm an Adobe certified InDesign Instructor getting training requests for DPS 2015 and am trying to get information from Adobe on DPS 2015 pricing. All I seem to find on any of the forums is "contact Adobe". I've contacted Adobe and not heard back.

I really need to know how much it will cost me to continue with a DPS 2015 app development once the 30 day trial has expired. There is absolutely no information on pricing. Am I to take from that, a figure is plucked out the air from an Adobe representative that they think companies can afford?

I thought the whole point of moving from DPSuite, to DPSolution was to simplify the pricing structure.

It certainly isn't simplified from where I'm sitting - i.e. waiting for an Adobe representative to contact you (some forum posts state not hearing anything from Adobe for 5 days!)

At this stage I just want to know if after 30 days I'll discover I will no longer be able to recommend it to my clients or train them on it due to cost implications.

So if anyone out there has any info on pricing I'd be really grateful for the info.

6 Replies

Level 3

i can ;-),

The princing structure was already updated almost one year before the DPS2015 launch. If you have the original price model (Pro/Agency/Entreprise + Dwld) you'll have to switch to the new price model: basically 2 parts, the plateform Fee and the App fee.

contact me in PrivateMsg  if you want.

Level 1

I couldn't agree more Bexigallio.  I am in the middle of planning things as well, and really need to know the cost.  This whole scheme is frankly ridiculous.  And, as you hint - I too am very nervous this is an indication I'm gong to fall on the floor when I hear the price.  I feel this technology is something that is going to be significantly popular and its use grow radically in the near future.  Knowing this, I get this bad feeling in my gut the way I normally do when I see the guy coming toward me on a used car lot.  Adobe is playing this "contact us for a CONSULTATION" nonsense they way everyone does when they are trying to prepare you for sticker shock.  Even the form I had to fill out just to talk to someone had numerous questions that I'm sure are going to be used to establish my "special price."  All this cloak and dagger crap about the price of this service/software is really, really disappointing coming from Adobe.

Level 6

As has been pointed out many times, DPS is an enterprise service that carries with it an enterprise price tag.

There’s really nothing cloak and dagger about it. You’ll find other companies handle enterprise pricing the same way.

Level 6

And pricing depends on the use case.

If you're building an app for internal-only use by 100 people, the price is different than if you're wanting to build 10 apps, with 10,000 readers each.

That's why the pricing answer is typically "contact Adobe Sales."

- Colin

Level 5

Agree with Colin and Bob. The idea is that no two DPS apps are the same, have the same usage, or the same requirements means that you have to request a specific quote as per any other solution (aside from a couple of lower grade solutions that simply to not match up to DPS 2015 or its roadmap). Hence the Enterprise /bespoke nature of the pricing policy, and the ability to get an exact price based on system usage and apps. Your local partner agency should be able to provide an accurate price for you, and one that is fair based on the quality of the product and the development cycle at your disposal.

Level 5

Quick tip: commit to three years, and also get your order in before 2015 is out.