Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Difference between Digital Publishing Suite (CC2014) and Digital Publishing Solution (CC2015)

Level 2

This might be the dumbest question ever, but what exactly is the difference between DPSuite in Indesign 2014 and the "DPSolution" in Indesign 2015?

I'm familiar with working and creating folio's in DPS2014 (using the folio builder and the Adobe Viewer), but in 2015 it is not (YET?) available...

Do I need to use the DPS 2015 now? Learn how to create folio's / APPs in another way? Can I still create a folio in the same way and distribute it locally through the Adobe Viewer?

I'm kinda puzzled and can't find a straight answer between the promo talk / sales pitch...

Thanks for your input
Vanessa

7 Replies

Employee

I would suggest you to follow neil 's previous post on this : DPS and InDesign CC 2015

Level 2

ok I looked into that, and it seems they are 2 different approaches...

The folio workflow I have set up in CC 2014 (build folio, distribute internally through Adobe viewer, no certificates or developper account necessary) will not migrate to CC 2015 then? Not nor or in the future?

Level 2

Hi Neil,

We have a Devellopper license yes. (if that is what you mean)

kr

Vanessa

Level 6

That is not what he means. Do you have a paid DPS license through Adobe?

Level 2

ah, sorry
No I've installed a trial version.