Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Custom storefront for DPS 2015

Level 3

Hi,

when the DPS 2015 started it was told that somewhere down the road there will be also a possibility to create your own storefront, as with the DPS Classic. Now I cannot find any information about that anymore.

Is it still planned? If so, is there a rough ETA?

Just because I know this question will be coming: yes I do know about cards and layouts, but it's not sufficient, as the standard view e.g. has no sorting or filtering options.

Regards,

Toni

6 Replies

Level 6

Can you explain a bit better what your needs are, especially regarding the need for sorting or filtering?  Is this happening through entitlement?  There are many things on the current roadmap that may server your needs within a 2015 browse page.

Level 3

The key features would be:

• no entitlement
  • language selection
  • category selection
  • sorting options: by date and by sorting order in the product id
  • ideally the possibility exists to call the download for offline use option for a subselection and thereby rebuild the issue download of the DPS Classic

You are mentioning the roadmap. Is it public somewhere?

Level 3

Hi there,

i fully agree to the things, aziegler has mentioned above.

But i would like to add one thing: Live-Cards (Cards which displays HTML-Content direct inside the Overview and are not linking inside an article)

That would be really helpful for us to implement features like a Twitter-Feed or Custom Functions direct inside the Storefront.

Best regards!

Lars

Level 6

Regarding the Roadmap, see:

Roadmap available?

I'm not aware of a more recent version publicly available.

Employee

Hi Anton,

In your list you mention rebuilding the download feature from DPS classic. We added that support a few releases ago, your readers can tap the download button in the chrome of any browse page and it will download the entire collection for offline reading.

As for customs storefronts, we are working on various extensibility features right now although I suspect it will be some time before it addresses your complete list.

Neil

Level 3

Thank you all for your answers!

@ Neil:

I know about that download button on browse pages. But the functionality is quite different from the classic approach. Now you have to be inside the collection you want to download AND the collection has to have a browse page. We are doing catalogues and they should be able to be downloaded as a whole from the top level browse page.

The reading experience on catalogues is quite different then on a magazine. If If I read an news article and when finished turn to the next one, I don't mind if I have to wait a few seconds. But a catalogue for one product has to be experienced as a whole, without loading times in between, or you are losing people on the way. And the loading times will be higher than with magazine articles, as a lot more refined imagery is used.

Also I have observed on one of our apps that the new download icon is discovered very late and only from very curious readers. All others just ignore it if they are not told about it. Therefore it is not used to improve the reading experience as it could.

I am not expecting to have all storefront features of my list right away. But we have a lot of strategy meetings at the moment regarding our own roadmap for our apps and we would like to know a little more, what is planned for which quarter of 2016. Can you give some rough information on that? I know it cannot be final.

Regards,

Toni