Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM Moble - smooth scrolling navigation

Level 2

Hi All

I have created a long smooth scrolling page within inDesign and am trying to add text anchors so you can jump to different areas within the same page... not working.. However if I create a button linking to another article within a collection it works..

any idea if it is possible to jump back and forth within the same page?

Thanks

Gurd

10 Replies

Employee

Yes, you can use two methods to jump to a specific location within a smooth-scrolling InDesign-based article:

navto://<articlename>#n (for example #2.5 would jump to the halfway mark of the 3rd page tile in the smooth scrolling article)

navto://<articlename>#n% (for example #50% would jump to the halfway point of the article)

The DPS Learn app has an example of this. See Advanced Overlays > Smooth Scrolling Links or see this desktop version: DPS Tips Advanced Overlays: Smooth Scrolling Links

Level 2

AAH! Bless you … Thanks Bob … I’ll give that a shot

Cheers

Gurd

GURD BHANDAL

SENIOR GRAPHIC & DIGITAL DESIGNER

APP DEVELOPER

Dewberry Redpoint Division

Progressive Digital Media

gurdb@dewred.co.uk<applewebdata://E51818EC-3D12-4C3D-80E5-3A118D2D7940/gurdb@dewred.co.uk>

020 8269 7917

M: 07806 809862

Level 2

Hi Bob.. Thank you for your time & assistance…

However I have very carefully followed the guidelines that were sent…

And it still doesn’t work…

But have come to a conclusion that what worked for digital publishing suite

(which is where the tutorial (advanced overlays) seems to have been created in…

Falls apart on the navto hyperlink feature when an article is uploaded to AEM mobile dashboard

As an inDesign article for smooth scrolling pages…

This is an article I found and the second paragraph says (quote):

"For InDesign articles, not all InDesign button actions and hyperlink types are supported. Hyperlink overlays are supported in scrollable frames and slideshows, but not in other overlays."

Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-publishing-solution/help/hyperlinks.html

Any comment/advice would be mush appreciated

Many thanks

Gurd

Level 2

Hi Bob.. Thank you for your time & assistance…

However I have very carefully followed the guidelines that were sent…

And it still doesn’t work…

But have come to a conclusion that what worked for digital publishing suite

(which is where the tutorial (advanced overlays) seems to have been created in…

Falls apart on  the navto hyperlink  feature when an article is uploaded to AEM mobile dashboard

As an inDesign article for smooth scrolling pages…

This is an article I found and the second paragraph says (quote):

"For InDesign articles, not all InDesign button actions and hyperlink types are supported. Hyperlink overlays are supported in scrollable frames and slideshows, but not in other overlays."

Link:   https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-publishing-solution/help/hyperlinks.html

Any comment/advice would be mush appreciated

Many thanks

Gurd

Employee

Hi Gurd,

The article I pointed to works in both DPS and AEM Mobile. The article name is 08_smooth. Using "navto://08_smooth#3.7" in a button lets me jump between tiles 4 and 5. Using "navto://08_smooth#50%" in a button lets me jump halfway down the page. What format are you using? Are you referring to the article name, not the article title? Can you show a screen shot of your buttons panel?

Level 2

Hi Bob… Thank you for getting back

I enclose various screenshots for for you … If you can see where I’m going wrong

Thank you

Gurd

Employee

I don't see the screen shots. Go to this thread in a browser and use Insert Image.

Level 2

Hi Bob

Images enclosed as requested

Article properties.png

Thanks

GurdButtons URL view.pngDoc set up.pngFull page view_CLOSE UP.pngSource folder of article.png

Employee

The name of your article is "DREvents," not "Events." Try navto://DREvents#50% and it should work.

Level 2

Thanks Bob - Star!

... It works a treat

Typical beginners oversight on my behalf...

Thank you for staying with me to the conclusion...

All best

Gurd