Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

AEM inside a external mobile app

Level 1

Hi,

We are actually developing customs applications outside AEM Mobile ecosystem. Our applications are based on the same technology (cordova). We are already use AEM for our web site. I would like to know the faisability/workload to integrate article page in our app? is there API? do they prodive data and html render? If the page render is modifiy in the AEM Cloud solution do we must republish the app?

Regards

2 Replies

Employee

Hi,

This is a great question and I would love to see what you're building.

You have a couple options depending on what you are trying to accomplish.  Likely the best option is that you create articles in AEM and publish them directly to your mobile application through ContentSync (appCache) that is part of the AEM Apps in AEM (not to be confused with AEM Mobile).  In AEM 6.3 Structured Content Fragments was introduced and made available through PackageShare, you can create content under Assets now and re-use that content (text, images, video, voice) for sites and mobile in a truly omni-channel way. This means AEM developers create designs for mobile and web channels and then re-use the same content fragments so your marketers are updating multiple channels from one central location.  Note we do have AEM integration with AEMM, which is used by many of the top publishers, so that's a route you could go down as well but you're currently required to use our viewers with Cordova extensibility to follow that approach.

Again, I would love to hear what you're trying to do. Perhaps I can offer a more tailored suggestion.

Cheers,

--Ken