Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workflow Instances not COMPLETED

Level 1

Hi,

I am creating a simple workflow with Process Step, Assign Task, Generate Document Of Record and Send Email.

I am able to complete the workflow successfully. However, the workflow instance is still showing RUNNING. It is intermittent.

Can you please tell me how to complete a workflow OR make sure its status changes to COMPLETED?

Sometimes I get the below error message:

com.adobe.granite.workflow.WorkflowException: Process implementation not found: com.aem.community.core.CustomStep

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:207)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.JobHandler.process(JobHandler.java:261)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.JobConsumerManager$JobConsumerWrapper.process(JobConsumerManager.java:502)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.startJob(JobQueueImpl.java:293)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.access$100(JobQueueImpl.java:60)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl$1.run(JobQueueImpl.java:229)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please help me understand why it is happening.

4 Replies

Employee

Regarding this error, it is likely that your bundle is not started. Check it in /system/console/bundles

"Process implementation not found: com.aem.community.core.CustomStep"

You can terminate running workflows by going to host:port/workflow and go to the "Instances" tab. Right click the instance to terminate it

Employee Advisor

Does the process involve assign task or sending workflow item to a user's inbox?

Level 1

Yes, Mayank. It involves assign task and sending workflow item to a user's inbox.

I would like to be able to complete the running workflows automatically. Some workItems keep showing RUNNING, & they don't complete AND some of them completes automatically after a couple of hours.

Employee Advisor

Can you send high-level workflow details?