Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

script to clear a signature

Level 5

Hello,

I reviewed past entries on this topic but cant get my form to work:

I have the following script line to clear a signature field on the click event of a button that is not inactivated by the signature.

xfa.host.resetData("xfa.Myform.Subform5.MySignature");

However, when using the form in Acrobat, the script does not function and the console is offering the following error message: "Method: 'resetData' cannot be called because doing so would violate this document's permissions settings."

Is there a form's setting I need to change to get the script to work?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I think I found what the problem is: a signature field cannot be cleared by a script in the form (security feature of the form).

Anyway, I removed the signature field and replaced by a text field with a scripts that mimics a bit the behavior of a signature field (locking fields...). not what I initially imagined but it should do the work!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

I think I found what the problem is: a signature field cannot be cleared by a script in the form (security feature of the form).

Anyway, I removed the signature field and replaced by a text field with a scripts that mimics a bit the behavior of a signature field (locking fields...). not what I initially imagined but it should do the work!

Level 10

You can't remove signatures by others, but and only your own. This makes sense because the ability of removing foreign signatures would make the entire idea of signatures obsolete.