Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Need help with expanding text boxes in a table not quite overflowing onto next page

Level 4

Good morning,

I've done a ton of these and i don't know what is going on this time. I have a Table with (2 headers,1 row) and everything is set to "allow page break" but when i copy a pretty big chunk of text into that box, the overflow onto the next page is not executed. If i have that field out of the table, it works fine. but inside that table, it doesn't carry over properly onto next page.

Now this is a dynamic table, which means "i got the "Repeat Row for each Data" checked.

I just don't get why its not behaving right. Any ideas?? thanks so much.

patrickpai_0-1679498215898.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I received your Form and fixed this.

You need to do below things:

1) Allow page break for "Page1"

2) Allow page break for table "h_Table_experience"

3) Inside the Row1, wrap the "Button1", "Cell1" and "Cell2" inside the subform individually.

It will work.

Thank You

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 10

The option "Repeat Row for each Data" has nothing to do with this. The cell, row and table have to allow page breaks. However, there are conditions with nested tables, where it won't work properly. If you can share the form, we can look into it.

Level 4

Here is the file, maybe you can see whats missing. im out of ideas. how do i share a file? I tried move/drop into this reply box, but it says format unsuported.

Community Advisor

Put the field inside the table in the subform and allow the page break in the subform. It will work.

Level 4

Hi,

I did try that just now, but weird, the subform as the option "gray out". Maybe this is where my problem lies.

Community Advisor

May be try to delete the field first and then put again, and then wrap in subform.

if issue persists share it with me.
Share it over Google drive(vkatoch07@gmail.com)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I received your Form and fixed this.

You need to do below things:

1) Allow page break for "Page1"

2) Allow page break for table "h_Table_experience"

3) Inside the Row1, wrap the "Button1", "Cell1" and "Cell2" inside the subform individually.

It will work.

Thank You

Level 4

thx for the info Vijay, that solved my issue much thx!!!

PAtrick

Level 4

Hi again,

Just one more thing, now that everything works when i wrap each object in a subform, my delete row button no longer works.

Here is the code,

this.parent.instanceManager.removeInstance(this.parent.index);

I've tried the code again with the button not being wrapped in a Subform and it works again, can anything be done for this lil problem too?? thx again!!!

Community Advisor

use this now:

this.parent.parent.instanceManager.removeInstance(this.parent.parent.index);

Level 4

Thx again for the info, everything is working perfectly now

Really, thx a lot for the help.......