Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue with custom calculation script

Level 3

I am converting an Adobe DC form to an AEM form, and having an issue with converting a script, and need some help because the syntax check is fine, and do not receive any errors in preview, so not sure what is wrong.

I have the following code from the custom calculation script in my Adobe DC form

// Initialize variables

var i, v, num = 0, sum = 0;

// Loop through the input fields

for (i = 1; i <= 13; i++) {

v = +getField("A" + i).value;

if (v !== 0) {

// increment the non-blank/zero field counter

num++;

// add the field value to the running total

sum += v;

}

}

// Calculate the average

if (num) {

event.value = sum / num;

} else {

// All fields are empty, so set to blank

event.value = "";

}

event.value = (event.value - 0.005).toFixed(2);
if (event.value <= 0) event.value = "";

and when I add that to the calculate, script for the form in AEM, it appears fine, but nothing appears in the field.

Now all of the "A1 - A13" fields are in separate subforms, so not sure if that makes a difference with the script or not, but wanted you to know how my form is setup.

On another related question, will this form work, or is there any tweaks I need to make if some of the pages containing these "A" fields are hidden, until a button is clicked?  I would think the code would still work, but just wanted to ask to make sure.

Thanks in advance for any help?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I have fixed the script on Overall Score field on page 6. Now, it is working as expected. Please check and confirm.

Fixed form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X8pKKV68ksNXyyjX7EcPHfcJ_TKu88Aj/view?usp=sharing

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Can you use the following JavaScript on the calculate event of the field.

var i, v, num = 0, sum = 0;

// Loop through the input fields

for (i = 1; i <= 13; i++) {

v = this.resolveNode("A" + i).rawValue;

if (v !== 0) {

// increment the non-blank/zero field counter

num++;

// add the field value to the running total

sum += v;

}

}

// Calculate the average

if (num) {

this.rawValue = sum / num;

} else {

// All fields are empty, so set to blank

this.rawValue = "";

}

this.rawValue = (this.rawValue - 0.005).toFixed(2);
if (this.rawValue <= 0) this.rawValue = "";

Level 3

Thanks, but I just tried that script, and field is still remaining blank when those other fields are updated.

Am I doing something wrong?  I am adding it to the javascript calculate script section.

Employee

Can you please share your form via Google Drive so that I can check further on this?

Correct answer by
Employee

I have fixed the script on Overall Score field on page 6. Now, it is working as expected. Please check and confirm.

Fixed form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X8pKKV68ksNXyyjX7EcPHfcJ_TKu88Aj/view?usp=sharing