Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to add AEM 6.2 Form to AEM Eclipse project , or how to “transfer” AEM 6.2 Form from Server to Eclipse

Level 4

Hi All,

What is the best method or practise for adding an AEM 6.2 Form to an AEM 6.2 Eclipse project ?

Is it possible to “transfer” an AEM Form from a Server into Eclipse ?

For example, I have created a simple “Hello Form” using the Server’s AEM Forms interface (http://localhost:4502/aem/forms).

This creates the following paths on in the content repository :-

/content/forms/af/HelloForm
    /content/dam/formsanddocuments/HelloForm

If I create a package, add these two paths in the Edit Package Filters tab, build the package, and download the package, then I have the following files :-

./jcr_root/.content.xml
    ./jcr_root/content/.content.xml
    ./jcr_root/content/dam/.content.xml
    ./jcr_root/content/dam/formsanddocuments/.content.xml
    ./jcr_root/content/dam/formsanddocuments/HelloForm/.content.xml
    ./jcr_root/content/dam/formsanddocuments/HelloForm/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.140.100.png
    ./jcr_root/content/dam/formsanddocuments/HelloForm/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319.png
    ./jcr_root/content/dam/formsanddocuments/HelloForm/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.48.48.png
    ./jcr_root/content/forms/.content.xml
    ./jcr_root/content/forms/af/.content.xml
    ./jcr_root/content/forms/af/HelloForm/.content.xml
    ./META-INF/vault/config.xml
    ./META-INF/vault/definition/.content.xml
    ./META-INF/vault/filter.xml
    ./META-INF/vault/nodetypes.cnd
    ./META-INF/vault/properties.xml    

However, the following is EXCLUDED from the package :-

./jcr_root/content/forms/af/HelloForm/guideContainer/layout
    ./jcr_root/content/forms/af/HelloForm/guideContainer/rootPanel/layout
    ./jcr_root/content/forms/af/HelloForm/guideContainer/rootPanel/items/guidetextdraw
    ./jcr_root/content/forms/af/HelloForm/cq:responsive/breakpoints/smallScreen
    ./jcr_root/content/forms/af/HelloForm/cq:responsive/breakpoints/phone
    ./jcr_root/content/forms/af/HelloForm/cq:responsive/breakpoints/tablet

What is the best method or practise for adding an AEM Form to an AEM Eclipse project ?

Is it possible to “transfer” an AEM Form from a Server into Eclipse ?

Thanks,

Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I have managed to resolve this.   I think.   In case anyone is interested, here is a rough guide :-

1.  Install AEM Developer Tools for Eclipse  (https://eclipse.adobe.com/aem/dev-tools)

2.  In Eclipse, open AEM Perspective

3.  In Servers tab, add an Adobe Experience Manager Server, and check that port is correct (e.g. 4502)

4.  Right-click Server and select "Start"

5.  In Project Explorer, right-click ui.content project and goto AEM --> Import from Server

6.  Click "Select location" and find the AEM Forms location(s) that you want to transfer from Server to Eclipse, for example:-

ui.content/src/main/content/jcr_root/content/forms/af/my folder

ui.content/src/main/content/jcr_root/content/dam/formsanddocuments/my folder

7.  Click OK and click Finish.   Form should appear in Eclipse.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

I have managed to resolve this.   I think.   In case anyone is interested, here is a rough guide :-

1.  Install AEM Developer Tools for Eclipse  (https://eclipse.adobe.com/aem/dev-tools)

2.  In Eclipse, open AEM Perspective

3.  In Servers tab, add an Adobe Experience Manager Server, and check that port is correct (e.g. 4502)

4.  Right-click Server and select "Start"

5.  In Project Explorer, right-click ui.content project and goto AEM --> Import from Server

6.  Click "Select location" and find the AEM Forms location(s) that you want to transfer from Server to Eclipse, for example:-

ui.content/src/main/content/jcr_root/content/forms/af/my folder

ui.content/src/main/content/jcr_root/content/dam/formsanddocuments/my folder

7.  Click OK and click Finish.   Form should appear in Eclipse.