Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How do I get the execEvent("mouseEnter") and ("mouseExit") work

Level 2

I am using the following JS Code in the exit event of another date field

Date2SubFrm.endd.execEvent("mouseEnter");
Date2SubFrm.endd.execEvent("mouseExit");

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

ok, let's approach this one by one:

DateField1 is to push its value to DateField2. You can use the exit event of DateField1 for that:

Kosta_Prokopiu1_0-1628234444437.png

To do some manipulations in the table on exit of Field2:

Kosta_Prokopiu1_1-1628234828599.png

This is completely interactive. It requires the user to step through the fields and exit the fields again.

mouseEnter and mouseExit are not required for this.

Is this want you want to achieve?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 2
form1.Main.DATable.DExp.Table1.Row1.endd::exit - (JavaScript, client) Date2SubFrm.endd.execEvent("mouseEnter"); Date2SubFrm.endd.execEvent("mouseExit");

Employee

Hi @IanFlem 

I fail to see what you want to achieve. mouseEnter and mouseExit are interactive events triggered by the position of the mouse in an interactive XFA form.

Why would you trigger mouse events from one field to another field although the user does not have the mouse in there?

BTW, these events do not work in a print-rendition of the form. 

What code do you have in the two events and could you not just execute the code inside the first date field onExit?

Kosta

Level 2
Hi thanks for the reply. I have two date fields. The second date field gets it value from the first date field but at the same time the second date field needs to trigger some code on the exit event so that a table is populated.

Level 2
Hi .@Kosta_Prokopui1 Hi thanks for the reply. I have two date fields. The second date field gets it value from the first date field but at the same time the second date field needs to trigger some code on the exit event so that a table is populated.

Correct answer by
Employee

ok, let's approach this one by one:

DateField1 is to push its value to DateField2. You can use the exit event of DateField1 for that:

Kosta_Prokopiu1_0-1628234444437.png

To do some manipulations in the table on exit of Field2:

Kosta_Prokopiu1_1-1628234828599.png

This is completely interactive. It requires the user to step through the fields and exit the fields again.

mouseEnter and mouseExit are not required for this.

Is this want you want to achieve?

Level 2
Thanks so much in the end I only used execEvent("exit"); in the first date field to get it work.