Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help on correctly creating adaptive forms.

Level 1

Hi,

I need guidance on how to correctly create an adaptive form.  I will do my best to describe what I am trying to do.

So, I believe I started building my form incorrectly because I used Panels to group components.  I don't know if there is a better way to group them.  What I have done so far is to group text field components that relate to each other, for example an address. I also used Panels within Panels to further group components to align them in the manner I desired, for example two components on the same line instead of each occupying a separate block.  I tried to use CSS to rearrange the components, but I had no success with it.  I appreciate any help on this issue.

My second issue is how can I modify a Text Box component so that the label is directly to the left of the text box?  I have tried to change the setting in Style mode, but nothing worked for me.  Currently the label is above the text box.  Also, I have been placing Text Box components side by side on the same block by changing the Column setting in the Panel configuration to two.  Is this the proper manner to do it, or is there a better way?

I want my forms to be viewed in a certain way on the iPad and other mobile devices.  What is the best way to do it?  I tried to edit the CSS in the iPad view with the hope that it would apply only for that setting, but it failed.  When I switched to the desktop view, the fields were changed too.

Finally,  I am completely new to authoring forms, so I have much to learn.  I am trying to capture the data input on the form, save it somewhere so that the form with the data can be retrieved at a later date.  I also would like to know how I can convert the adaptive form into a PDF and vice versa.  What are the necessary steps to implement what I mentioned?  Also, is there any advantage to using Designer to build HTML5 forms over Adaptive forms?  If I create forms using HTML5, can it be converted to an Adaptive form?

Thank you.

2 Replies

Level 10

Take a look at this article - it builds a simple adaptve form and then shows you how to post to a custom AEM service:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Posting Adobe Experience Manager Form Data to Custom Services

Hope this helps...

Level 10

As you are new to Adaptive Forms - i recommend watching this webinar on this subject as well -- ATACE 4_19_16 Working with AEM Forms