Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Disassemble PDF document

Level 2

Hello,

Trying to disassemble PDF document contains 100pages to individual pages.

Using Workbench ES4 to create process, this is DDX.

<DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/">
<DDXProcessorSetting name="checkpoint" value="4000"/>
<PDFsFromBookmarks prefix="A">
<PDF source="doc1"/>
</PDFsFromBookmarks>
<?ddx-source-hint name="doc1"?>
</DDX>

Added variable IN and OUT as well as assembler result.

When i test run my result document shows empty.

Out variable is mapped to "/process_data/KGL_WaterMark_Result/object/documents"

Created watch folder and checked, document not splitting up, same combined coming to result folder.

Shaji

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I have found below in Adobe documents:

Need to extract the list of documents from assembler result.

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/11.0/WorkbenchHelp/WS92d06802c76abadb-1cc35bda128261a20dd-76e...

A map of string values that contains the successful documents described by the result blocks in the DDX file. The key is a logical name for the document and the value is the file name of the document.

The logical name depends on the results:

• If the result is a single document, the logical name is the value of the result attribute. For example, if the DDX file contained <PDF result="doc1.pdf">, the logical name would be doc1.pdf.

• If the result is multiple documents that come from either a <PackageFiles> or a <FileAttachments> result element, then the logical document name is the last portion of a name after the last slash (/) if a path is specified. For example, if the document path provided is /dirABC/ABC.pdf, specify the XPath expression [documents][@id='ABC.pdf'] as a key to retrieve the document value, where [documents] is the name of a map variable.

• If the result is multiple from disassembling with the <PDFsFromBookmarks> element, then the logical name is the prefix attribute.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you getting any exception or error?

try this

<PDFsFromBookmarks prefix="stmt">
<PDF source="doc1.pdf"/>
</PDFsFromBookmarks>

Level 2

Vijay,

You DDX sample and mine both are same, you have different prefix.

I recorded and payback and checked as well.

"/process_data/KGL_WaterMark_Result/object/documents", shows empty.

Here is the workbench process.

Untitled.pngUntitled1.png

Shaji

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I have found below in Adobe documents:

Need to extract the list of documents from assembler result.

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/11.0/WorkbenchHelp/WS92d06802c76abadb-1cc35bda128261a20dd-76e...

A map of string values that contains the successful documents described by the result blocks in the DDX file. The key is a logical name for the document and the value is the file name of the document.

The logical name depends on the results:

• If the result is a single document, the logical name is the value of the result attribute. For example, if the DDX file contained <PDF result="doc1.pdf">, the logical name would be doc1.pdf.

• If the result is multiple documents that come from either a <PackageFiles> or a <FileAttachments> result element, then the logical document name is the last portion of a name after the last slash (/) if a path is specified. For example, if the document path provided is /dirABC/ABC.pdf, specify the XPath expression [documents][@id='ABC.pdf'] as a key to retrieve the document value, where [documents] is the name of a map variable.

• If the result is multiple from disassembling with the <PDFsFromBookmarks> element, then the logical name is the prefix attribute.

Level 2

Thank you for your detail analysis, I will check it out.

Shaji

Level 2

Vijay,

As per your comment.

---------------

I have given the prefix attribute /process_data/KGL_WaterMark_Result/object/documents[@stmt]

But still it shows empty, I tried [@id='stmt'] as well.

stmt is the logical id given in DDX prefix. Any other method I need to use instead of "object/document", any idea. 

Shaji