Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating Common dictionary for all forms on AEM 6.4

Level 1

Hi,

As far I know we need to create dictionaries for each form to add translations. But I am looking if there is an option to add generic base dictionary with common strings which can be referred by all forms.

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

You can try exporting the default one available at libs/cq/i18n/translator.html . Though it may come very handy in all the forms as the strings and text across the forms may vary.

Reference : Using Translator to Manage Dictionaries

Level 1

Thanks Mayank, We have some common custom labels and validation messages which we need to localize in all forms. Maybe I can create a empty form with common strings, export as XLIFF file and I can import same file to all other forms dictionaries. But the same translated strings will be repeated across all the forms and we need to re-import to all the forms if there is any change to master strings or new strings.

I am looking for a solution to create common dictionary in one place and can refer that dictionary in all forms, So there will be not be any repeated content and also managing translations will be easier.

Employee Advisor

Hi,

This will be challenge in most cases. let's say you start with common labels and string exported in Xliff that's a good approach, however as the form content will vary you will have to extend the translations further to fit the respective need but the work may be less as compared to starting from scratch though. Let me check this internally once.