Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

changing Form model

Level 3

Is there a way to change the data model from Form Template (xdp)  to a  shema (xsd) after the adaptive form was created?

regards Jan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

I don't know if it is recommended ... but if you change the "formmodel" attribute from "formtemplates" to "none" at the following location, then you will be able to select a schema rather than an XDP:

/content/dam/formsanddocuments/<form path>/jcr%3Acontent/metadata

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

I don't know if it is recommended ... but if you change the "formmodel" attribute from "formtemplates" to "none" at the following location, then you will be able to select a schema rather than an XDP:

/content/dam/formsanddocuments/<form path>/jcr%3Acontent/metadata

Level 3

Hi James R Green​, formatix​,

First of all that's definitely not a recommended way.

If you still wish to go ahead and change it, please change it in the corresponding form location in /content/forms/af/***//jcr:content/guideContainer node also.

Cheers,

Jagjeet

AEM Forms Blog

Level 7

Perhaps someone from Adobe( smacdonald2008 ?) can comment on why the ui doesn't allow you to change the template reference to a schema  once set and whether this should be raised as a bug.

Level 3

I am from Adobe (not from Forms' Engineering Team), so not an official word. But as far as I know changing the Form Model will lead to binding errors on all the bound fields, this may be an important reason to not allow it in first place.

Cheers,

Jagjeet Singh

AEM Forms Blog

Level 7

It allows you to swap the xdp reference to a completely different one though e.g. from Test.xdp to ABC.xdp, that would have the same potential problem of leading to binding errors. I think we both agree that changing things in the JCR manually is a last resort, but given a lack of an alternative in the UI it is the workaround I would use.

I would still be keen to get someone from the forms development team's opinion on whether this is something that should be added to the UI.