Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Autopopulate / repeat data in the field

Level 2

I want to create a form where the data in one field repeats in another field in the form. The problem is that I want to add multiple new instances and each time the data is different.

I've tried to do it with scripting and it worked somehow, but when I wanted to implement it to the existing form, the data from the first example repeated in every row. 

I attached example that is working and the one that is not working.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12sWmoge1yRSQayfFsQNIJUsdB-ccECcC?usp=sharing

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

So you want to copy the information of each row unter DETAILS into the related row unter RETURN OF ITEMS I guess: Put this calculate script into the object "ReturnOfItems" an remove the other calculations script fromt the text fields.

var nCount = _Enter1.count, // Count instances
	oThat = this; // Create a reference to this
for (var i = 0; i < nCount; i += 1) {
	var oSource = form1.resolveNode('details[' + i + ']'), // Resolve nth instances of source subform
		oTarget = oThat.resolveNode('Enter1[' + i + ']'); // Resolve nth instances of target subform
	// Now copy the data
	oTarget.TextField1.rawValue = oSource.WRAP.EXNAME.TextField.rawValue;
	oTarget.No1.rawValue = oSource.WRAP.BAG.TextField2.rawValue;
	oTarget.TypeOfMedia1.rawValue = oSource.WRAP.TypeOfMedia.rawValue
}

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

the link doesn't provide a download or only for registered users. I don't know, doesn't work for me.

Correct answer by
Level 10

So you want to copy the information of each row unter DETAILS into the related row unter RETURN OF ITEMS I guess: Put this calculate script into the object "ReturnOfItems" an remove the other calculations script fromt the text fields.

var nCount = _Enter1.count, // Count instances
	oThat = this; // Create a reference to this
for (var i = 0; i < nCount; i += 1) {
	var oSource = form1.resolveNode('details[' + i + ']'), // Resolve nth instances of source subform
		oTarget = oThat.resolveNode('Enter1[' + i + ']'); // Resolve nth instances of target subform
	// Now copy the data
	oTarget.TextField1.rawValue = oSource.WRAP.EXNAME.TextField.rawValue;
	oTarget.No1.rawValue = oSource.WRAP.BAG.TextField2.rawValue;
	oTarget.TypeOfMedia1.rawValue = oSource.WRAP.TypeOfMedia.rawValue
}