Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Forms Designer PDF Preview not showing data

Level 2

I have finally gotten Forms Designer (v6.5) installed on my Windows 10 Enterprise PC at work, have opened an existing PDF, attached an XML source file and mapped the fields, but do no see any of the data mapped to the fields in PDF Preview.

Any documentation I've been able to find leaves much to be desired. I can't find an internal contact and I'm not getting any response from our Adobe rep so I'm turning to the community in hopes that someone can point me in the right direction: requirements (do I need Acrobat Pro or some extension to make this work with Forms Designer)? Is there something I need to do with the PDF prior to attaching the XML source?

Thanks in advance.

9 Replies

Level 2

Thank you! I am now seeing data for one form.

My next question would be: if my `xml` data has say 300 row elements (separate forms), what's the procedure for outputting all of those individual forms?

Employee Advisor

If you have access to aem forms server, you can use output service to generate multiple documents from one data file

Level 3

Just a question about your setup.

Do you have a flowed container that has all of the repeated elements underneath it?

That container would need to be bound to the repeated data element that all the other data is under.

I will stop there in case you already set it up that way.

Level 2

I'm not sure I'm following re: `flowed container`. Each of the 999 <row> elements have the same elements within.

Because this was originally set up to collect groups of 999 "people" per xml file - looping through the 100K+ records, I continued with that same design idea, but looking at it for a while has made me rethink things.

Rather than breaking them up, collect all 100K+ rows (which come out of the Oracle query as xml), then looping through them one at a time, creating the PDF from the XDP file and saving them individually as unique PDFs.

Still waiting on some clarification on the directives though. 

Community Advisor

Saving each individual pdf per record in the xml data is possible through AEM forms output service, you will not achieve this with AEM designer.

Employee Advisor

Are you in PST time zone?

if so we can connect and do a web session sometime today

Level 2

CST, but thank you. I will go through the link Vijay_Katoch sent but will like to reach back out if I have issues?