Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.3 Forms JEE installation

Level 7

We have a client that only requires PDFs to be batch generated, so we have no need for the JEE OSGi Capabilities (i.e. Content Repository). I read somewhere (can't find it again) that the installer requires an OSGi service to become available before it can continue with bootstrapping the database during the Configuration Manager steps. We are currently facing installer issues during Config Manager and are trying to figure out why.

Is it possible to install the AEM Forms 6.3 JBoss Windows JEE server without the OSGi Capabilities?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

The answer is yes - we managed to install AEM Forms JEE with the Output module only.

The install issue was with the AEM Forms 6.3 JEE installer for JBoss/Windows. If you want to use SQL Server integrated security, you need to update the JDBC driver to version 4.2 that supports the new JDK 1.8. The problem is this will throw an error when it tried to get a managed connection:

16:21:13,067 WARN  [org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.pool.strategy.PoolBySubject] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 256) IJ000604: Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null: javax.resource.ResourceException: Could not create connection

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter

The fix is here: MS SQL jdbc driver 6 and Wildfly 8.2 | JBoss Developer

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

The answer is yes - we managed to install AEM Forms JEE with the Output module only.

The install issue was with the AEM Forms 6.3 JEE installer for JBoss/Windows. If you want to use SQL Server integrated security, you need to update the JDBC driver to version 4.2 that supports the new JDK 1.8. The problem is this will throw an error when it tried to get a managed connection:

16:21:13,067 WARN  [org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.pool.strategy.PoolBySubject] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 256) IJ000604: Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null: javax.resource.ResourceException: Could not create connection

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter

The fix is here: MS SQL jdbc driver 6 and Wildfly 8.2 | JBoss Developer