Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe PDF Form - Dropdown List too many entries

Level 1

Hello community, 

I want to create an interactive adobe form.  In this form there is a table with two columns. To illustrate the problem, I use the well-known SAP flight model. Column A is the CARRIER ID and column B is a flight to be selected using a drop-down list.
There are several rows in the table: Each row represents an airline, e.g. Carrier ID = LH. Now I only want to display Lufthansa flights in the dropdown list. In the next line, where the carrier ID = BA, I only want to see flights from British Airways. Unfortunately, all flights from all airlines are always displayed in the drop-down menu. There is therefore no connection to the current CARRIER ID.

So in the interface I have a table within the table. Unfortunately, I cannot specify a WHERE condition when binding data. Althoug I specified a WHERE Condition in the interface the form send me all data. This is my Binding: $record.TABLE_A.DATA[*].TABLE_B.DATA[*]. The Key CARRIERID is available in both tables TABLE_A and TABLE_B.
I Think the problem is, that the Binding uses &record.TABLE_A.DATA[*] and not the current Table line. With the binding $record.TABLE_A.DATA[0].TABLE_B.DATA[*] I would get the flights of the first carrier id. But in second line, I need the data from $record.TABLE_A.DATA[1].TABLE_B.DATA[*] . 

Hope you can help me. Thanks a lot.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Seems like an issue with your data binding in the table row, need to check your form with sample data to resolve the issue. Share form and sample data if you can.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Seems like an issue with your data binding in the table row, need to check your form with sample data to resolve the issue. Share form and sample data if you can.

Administrator

@MarkRu1  Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni