Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Adding debug Logger in JBoss JEE Server for Authentication

Level 7

We are getting a large amount of errors for failed administrator logins. So many that we have left the account locked and use other accounts as Super Admin. In the error logs it says:

09:46:11,487 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication.AuthenticationManagerBean] (Thread-166) Authentication failed for user [administrator] (Scheme - Username/Password) Reason: Username or password is incorrect . Refer to debug level logs for category com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication for further details

I have added a logger to lc_turnkey.xml:

<logger category="com.adobe.idp.um.businesslogic.authentication"> <level name="DEBUG"/> </logger>

But I don't see any debug level messages. I really want to know where these attempts to login are coming from. Can anyone tell me how I can find that out?

2 Replies

Level 7

These messages are appearing after changing the default administrator password. I have it on two servers now

Any idea what is regularly trying to log in as administrator on the JEE server? I am assuming its coming from the AEM component...

Level 1

We also need to update the log level to DEBUG in lc_turnkey.xml

<periodic-rotating-file-handler name="FILE" autoflush="true"> <level name="DEBUG"/> <formatter> <pattern-formatter pattern="%d{HH:mm:ss,SSS} %-5p [%c] (%t) %s%E%n"/> </formatter> <file relative-to="jboss.server.log.dir" path="server.log"/> <suffix value=".yyyy-MM-dd"/> <append value="false"/> </periodic-rotating-file-handler>