Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Exposing Asset Properties With REST API

Level 2

Hello,

I'm trying to access an asset's metadata through the REST API. I understand that metadata is stored as XMP on the actual file. If I make an Edit Asset request as described here(https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/assets/using/mac-api-assets.html​) and attempt to edit a property named "./dc:foobar" it will create a property directly to the asset it seems. If I make a GET request to /api/assets/myFolder/myAsset.jpg.json then that new "dc:foobar" property will be found in the response's "properties" object. How can I expose these properties to the user. Ideally, I'd like to include them in a metadata scheme. If this is not possible, how can I edit asset metadata through the REST API and have it be exposed on the asset's properties UI in AEM?

Thank you

1 Reply

Level 2

Oops, apparently I never tried to edit the metadata object within the properties object that I get from the GET request. That was the solution.