Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

AEMaaCS: Unable to unpublish assets

Level 4

I need to unpublish several (1,000+) assets in AEM Assets to remove them from Brand Portal. I keep getting the message "Not enough rights to manage publication" when I attempt to unpublish a folder containing a large amount of assets.

I am a member of the "administrators" and "admin" groups, and those groups are members of the "workflow-users" group. 

I am attempting to follow the instructions in this post: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/how-to-fix-quot-not-enough...

I do not know how to get to the useradmin page mentioned in the post to check the "admin" group privileges. 

11 Replies

Employee Advisor

For USer Administration Page, try the below suffix after your cloud author
https://author-p-e.adobeaemcloud.com/security/permissions.html/principal/dam-users?filter=group

Above URL will take you to dam-users permission settings. You can see that it has crx:replicate permissions on content/dam
You need similar kind of permissions for your user or user group. Please validate

krati_garg_0-1667921036101.png

Level 4

Hello, Krati -- Thank you for your response. I have added these permissions to the "workflow-users" group and the "administrators" group. I am still receiving the same "Not enough rights to manage publication" message when attempting to unpublish my assets. 

I am unable to find the "admin" group in permissions, so I couldn't add the crx:replicate permission to that group. 

administrators.pngworkflow-users.png

Level 4

I found the "admin" group/user under "users" and also added these permissions to that group/user. I still receive the same error when attempting to unpublish assets.

Employee Advisor

Lets go step by step:
- I hope you have not made changes to dam-users OOTB User Group

- Please create a fresh test user and assign it to just DAM-Users group.

-This group has all the permissions to manage publication. 

If this works, then there is an issue with the user you are using as Admin

Level 4

Hello, Krati -- I did not make any changes to the OOTB dam-users group. This still is not working for me. Can you please unmark this as an accepted solution? 

Please tell me what permissions I need to add to my user and to the "admin" user.

My user permissions:

nicole-user-permissions.png

"admin" user permissions:

admin-user-permissions.png

Employee Advisor

In your user permission metrics, it seems you have given replicate permissions to a very specific Asset Path and not on a Root Folder. 

Hope you are trying replication only under this path:

content/dam...../lightbox

Level 4

The only root folder I can get to is Translation Integration. Do I give permission on that folder? That doesn't seem right. I don't see content/dam/lightbox.

root-folder.png

Employee Advisor

I am referring to this permission in your screen shot. 

krati_garg_0-1668088081018.png

By Root Folder I meant, Lightbox is too specific path, you can give replication permission to your Project Folder, which act as a root to your Project
Eg. content/dam/we-retail/activity/

Level 4

So, for your example (content/dam/we-retail/activity/) you're saying I should add the crx:replicate permission on the "activity" folder? 

That looks like this for my project. I'm still getting the error when I do this.

nicole-user-permissions-2.png

Employee Advisor

The Screen Shot you have attached, which user is this?

Does this user belongs to any OOTB User group?

Level 4

This is my user (nicoleholm). I belong to the "administrators" group, and the administrators group is a member of all 17 of our OOTB groups that have the word "user" in them.