Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

How do you zoom in on a specific part of the Adobe XD desktop?

jamesb76132
Level 1
Level 1

I am new at this, but have not figured out how to reposition the view on the desktop (I have this installed on Windows 10).

For instance, suppose I have 10 Artboards defined on my XD desktop (sorry I know there is a different word for this, but don't know what it is).  They are in one row, but scroll off both sides of my screen.  I can see for instance the four or five in the middle but not artboard 1 or 2 or 9 or 10.  I want to work on Artboard 10.  I have seen tutorial videos explaining different things, and they immediately zoom in on (or center) an artboard that wasn't centered or was off the screen.  How do you do that?  I have tried to drag the desktop to scroll the view but it does nothing.  I have tried to select an artboard to drag to change the view so I can see other content that is not visible and this does not work either.  Even in the simplest of tutorials I do not see how to navigate your way around the desktop to display or work on content that is not visible until you make it visible.  How do I do that?

I found the answer myself.  You can drag the background using the mouse and holding down on the space bar to reposition the view.

0 Replies