Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to handle SSO vs non-SSO from single source

Former Community Member

Hi Gurus,

We have a framework which has traditionally used Adobe Pass for an AVOD solution. Of course since Apple released SSO we've had a number of our brands begin participating in that program. We've been quite successful using the Adobe Pass beta to get those clients' apps in the store. The problem is maintaining our product for clients who aren't interested in participating in SSO. It doesn't seem there is a good way to disable the SSO functionality. I realize the SSO support is not part of the Adobe main line SDK yet, but as we are trying to build a solution that is forward thinking and our client needs are immediate, should our team be looking at building advanced scripts and conditional logic that allow us to use different versions of Adobe Pass based on whether or not we are using the SSO version of the SDK, or is the plan to have a unified Adobe Pass SDK with an option for simply enabling or disabling the functionality?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi William,

The Adobe Pass SDK for iOS can be used for both Apple SSO and non Apple SSO scenarios. It's configured on our end based on the Programmer and MVPD combination.

Thanks, Horia

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

(bump)

Anybody at Adobe care to chime in on this? Knowing whether we should be designing for a unified SDK moving forward or some kind of dynamic build-time solution would go a long way in helping us plan our roadmap.

Level 10

Hey William,

Sorry for the delay. I passed your original post along to a counterpart that is more familiar with Primetime (formerly Adobe Pass). It looks like he is still discussing your question with the Primetime product team and will hopefully post here with a response as soon as he has a definitive answer. 

As you pointed out, we don't have that built into the SDK currently so the question is more around roadmap items which can be a bit tricky. I'll be sure to keep following up with him to see what other information we can get you.

Cheers,
Jantzen

Former Community Member

Thanks, Jantzen. I will keep an eye out for an update. Appreciate the help!

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi William,

The Adobe Pass SDK for iOS can be used for both Apple SSO and non Apple SSO scenarios. It's configured on our end based on the Programmer and MVPD combination.

Thanks, Horia

Level 10

William Francis wrote...

Thanks, Jantzen. I will keep an eye out for an update. Appreciate the help!

Hi William,

Does Horia's answer give you the information you need? If so, can we mark his answer as correct for anyone viewing this thread in the future?

Thanks,
Jantzen

Former Community Member

Thanks, @jantzen. We took a look at our code and found that @Horia's answer did indeed point us in the right direction. One of our MVPDs was configured for SSO on the backend when in fact they did not have it. Appreciate the help!