Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM data firing but not appearing in AA reports

Level 2

I've tried several times to set up DTM to post data to my Adobe Analytics reports.  I can see that the data is being sent, via a debugger, but nothing shows up in the report. I tried the real time reporting and it's also been several hours so I checked the regular report (non-real time).  Nothing. Any way I can determine what is wrong

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't very clear. You can change the setting in the tools section of DTM. Click on the wheel by the analytics tool (screenshots attached). Expand under General > under 'Data Center' switch it from 'Default' to 'Dallas'. Then save the changes. 

-Tacia

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 9

mike vargas wrote...

I've tried several times to set up DTM to post data to my Adobe Analytics reports.  I can see that the data is being sent, via a debugger, but nothing shows up in the report. I tried the real time reporting and it's also been several hours so I checked the regular report (non-real time).  Nothing. Any way I can determine what is wrong

Here is one doc which might help you.

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/getting-started-adobe-dynamic-tag-management-part-...

Employee

Is there a url we can see to test ?

Level 2

Rudi Shumpert wrote...

Is there a url we can see to test ?

I hosted it in my dropbox as a simple public file for testing:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24339837/index.htm

Level 9

Hi Mike,

The current implementation is sending the data to 112.2o7.net which is the San Jose data center. Your test suite resides on Dallas which is 122.2o7.net. You can fix this by editing the Analytics Instance Analytics Tool in DTM > expand the 'General' section > switch the setting to Dallas from San Jose. Let me know if that doesn't fix the issue.

-Tacia

Level 2

taciac wrote...

Hi Mike,

The current implementation is sending the data to 112.2o7.net which is the San Jose data center. Your test suite resides on Dallas which is 122.2o7.net. You can fix this by editing the Analytics Instance > expand the 'General' section > switch the setting to Dallas from San Jose. Let me know if that doesn't fix the issue.

-Tacia

I don't see where I can make this change. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place? If so, can you direct me. screen shot is attached

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't very clear. You can change the setting in the tools section of DTM. Click on the wheel by the analytics tool (screenshots attached). Expand under General > under 'Data Center' switch it from 'Default' to 'Dallas'. Then save the changes. 

-Tacia

Level 2

taciac wrote...

Hi Mike,

-Tacia

:-)  thanks Tacia!!  It works. Though that seems odd that I would have to know to do that.  I don't remember seeing that in any docs.

Level 9

mike vargas wrote...

taciac wrote...

Hi Mike,

-Tacia

:-)  thanks Tacia!!  It works. Though that seems odd that I would have to know to do that.  I don't remember seeing that in any docs.

Stay tuned! We are working on some new docs that will be out soon. They are geared around clearing things like this up when starting a new property. - Tacia