Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Migrating from Service Account (JWT) credential to OAuth Server-to-Server credential

Level 1

Hi. We current are using Service Account (JWT) with Adobe Sync Tool setup on a local server that syncs users based on the user-sync-config.yml and connector mapi file as per below:

RobinLa1_1-1716344763455.png

I assume from the instructions below that i just complete the First Step and automatically expect the API connections to work as per normal?

Please correct me if i am wrong.

RobinLa1_0-1716344683542.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, 

The JWT is a way of authenticating with your Adobe app. I assume your API connections will first authenticate and then proceed with their tasks. So, in reality, you will be updating only the first step of how these APIs work.

Hope this helps!

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, 

The JWT is a way of authenticating with your Adobe app. I assume your API connections will first authenticate and then proceed with their tasks. So, in reality, you will be updating only the first step of how these APIs work.

Hope this helps!

Esteban Bustamante

Level 1

Hi

Thanks for your reply.That’s what i anticipated that we have to do the first step and after migration everything should just work via the new oauth rather than the JWT.

Level 1

Unfortunately it's not sufficient just to add OAuth to the existing project.

If you have a UST version <2.9.0 you'll also need to update your local script file (download the latest from Github and then modify the connector-umapi.yml file to look like this.

Run the tool in TEST MODE and verify it connects successfully using OAuth (you see the summary at the end and the results are what you usually see).

Contact enterprise support from Admin Console support tab for any incoherence or error you get.

Also, I'd backup my old UST folder before all this.

If all checks out, only then review and delete the JWT method from the project, so that notifications would stop.

Level 1

Hi Lucian

Thanks for your reply.Yes after migration we have changed our umapi connector file to setup OAuth Authentication with the Client ID and Client Secret removing the Private Key.We have tested and all is working under the test mode and also updating the usersync.exe to the latest version which is 2.10.0rc2

we are running under test mode at the moment and we will do the same for Prod in the coming days.

Appreciate your feedback and assistance.

Thanks