BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

vars

davidl14970702
Level 5
Level 5

I am declaring vars.subName = 'lwFilmsGenComm'; in a JS activity in the first step of the workflow. I was hoping to call $(vars/@subname) down line within a query. But I keep getting this error

01/13/2018 3:11:02 PM XTK-170036 Unable to parse expression '[service/@name] = ''lwFilmsGenComm'''.

01/13/2018 3:11:02 PM Executing query 'Result' (step 'subscriptions exist such as internal name of service equal to '$(vars/@subName)'')

1 Accepted Solution
shrawans3153003
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Hi David,

I have tested the same and it's working fine.

I have taken a JS activity as the first activity in workflow in which I have initialize a variable i.e vars.subName = 'newsletter';

In the second step, I have taken the query activity to query all the recipients who are subscribed to that service and workflow query running fine without any errors and i am getting the expected output.

1395331_pastedImage_5.png

1395335_pastedImage_6.png

Please note I have tested this in V6.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
shrawans3153003
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Hi David,

I have tested the same and it's working fine.

I have taken a JS activity as the first activity in workflow in which I have initialize a variable i.e vars.subName = 'newsletter';

In the second step, I have taken the query activity to query all the recipients who are subscribed to that service and workflow query running fine without any errors and i am getting the expected output.

1395331_pastedImage_5.png

1395335_pastedImage_6.png

Please note I have tested this in V6.

View solution in original post