Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Using an external data source in Adobe Campaign v6

Level 2

Hello,

Can someone remind me of the name of the feature in Adobe Campaign which allows me to map to an external database? I’m not referring to FDA, I understand that it’s possible to map to a table/column in a external DB (hosted on the same DM instance as the Campaign Data Mart) and to use that mapping when I create segments, personalize content etc.

I can’t remember the name of the feature. If anyone can remind me that would be great.

Thanks a lot!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Ok thank you.

I can inform you that it is possible to map any table in the Adobe Campaign V6 database to any table in an external database. I just cannot remember the name of the feature. I wanted to review the official tech doc on this.

We only use the  Adobe Campaign database to store tracking and other AD generated technical data. ALL of our recipient data transactions etc etc are stored in an external SQLServer database. This database is populated using and ETL tool. We do not use any of the AC import tools.

You perform the mapping in the XML for the recipient model (and any other table) using the console as usual.

This is not FDA. We also use FDA for other use cases.

The only 'limitation' is that the external database has to be in the same instance as the AC database.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I'm not aware of any feature allowing to do this besides FDA. What you describe seems a lot like this: https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/PTF_Connectors_Accessing_an_external_database.html#Crea...  which is part of the FDA process.

Florent

Correct answer by
Level 2

Ok thank you.

I can inform you that it is possible to map any table in the Adobe Campaign V6 database to any table in an external database. I just cannot remember the name of the feature. I wanted to review the official tech doc on this.

We only use the  Adobe Campaign database to store tracking and other AD generated technical data. ALL of our recipient data transactions etc etc are stored in an external SQLServer database. This database is populated using and ETL tool. We do not use any of the AC import tools.

You perform the mapping in the XML for the recipient model (and any other table) using the console as usual.

This is not FDA. We also use FDA for other use cases.

The only 'limitation' is that the external database has to be in the same instance as the AC database.

Level 2

Your link did not work before but I think you may have answered the question with this info.

I'll take a deeper look as the link is now working.

Level 2

Yes I think that is the answer. We were confused as to what FDA contained and thought that 'mapping' was a different function to FDA. Thanks. Good job.