Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Update Profile's Org Unit using Update Activity

Level 2

Can I update a Profile's Org Unit using the Update Data activity?

I have set up an acquisition landing page to collect Profiles. The business wants to collect Profiles for two different services on this landing page. The services are in different Org Units. I want to collect the Profiles as Org Unit = All (all) and then update the Org Unit to a different one. How can I do that with the Update activity? I have found this page (Updating a profile’s Organizational unit) but I want to do it within a workflow.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @CRM_jw 

Yes, you can change/update the Organization unit with the help of the Update Data activity.

In the fields to update tab, Add your organization Unit Id in the source, and in the destination select the organization unit link.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @CRM_jw 

Yes, you can change/update the Organization unit with the help of the Update Data activity.

In the fields to update tab, Add your organization Unit Id in the source, and in the destination select the organization unit link.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Can you please elaborate? I built a query to pull a set of Profiles. Then I added an Update Data activity, but if I am using the targeting dimension to Identify the records, how do I configure the Update Date activity? If I type the name the org unit id into the Source, I get an error that it cannot parse the expression. Is there a different way to do this?

CRM_jw_0-1652889210108.png

CRM_jw_1-1652889322810.png

Level 1

Hi CRM_jw,

I had the same issue, but can provide the solution:

• Step 1: Identify your source
    • Use file upload or enrichment to set the value for your org unit ID (make sure it matches an existing org unit ID - see Administration > Users & Security > Organizational Units)

• Step 2: Insert Update Data node
    • General Tab:
      • Operation Type = Insert or Update
    • Identification Tab:
      • Select first radio "Using reconciliation criteria"
      • Dimension to update: Organizational Unit (orgUnit)
      • Source: field set in step 1
      • Destination is id (@name)
    • Fields to Update Tab:
      • Source is field from step 1
      • Destination is id (@name)
    • Transitions Tab - this will help with testing
      • Select last radio "Add an outbound transition with the population" - if populated, the profile updated as expected
      • Select checkbox "General an outbound transition for the rejects" - if populated, it didn't work

Amy88_0-1689652078185.png

Amy88_4-1689652152185.png

Amy88_3-1689652132691.png

Good luck!