Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Targeting from custom resource

Level 2

Hi

I have a case where we have Bookings which is a custom resource linked to Profiles. A Profile can have many Bookings.

Profiles have an email address, and also Bookings have an email field.

The case is that sometimes we want to target Profiles and use the email address on the Profile, and sometimes we want to target Bookings and use the email on the Booking. The Bookings may have a different email address than the Profile.

How can we acheive this using different Target mappings in ACS.

Mikael

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Mikael,

So do you mean that a same profile would receive the same email several times if he has several bookings? Currently, custom target mappings are not supported in ACS.

I don't know all the requirements of your use case but wouldn't it be more convenient to update the profile with the latest email address entered for a booking, and then deliver to the profile himself?

Florent

Level 2

Hi Florent

Thanks for your answer.

Well we can not overwrite the email on Profile because that email belongs to the actual membership.

The emails on bookings belong to the bookings and could be different. We must allow that.

So yes each booking will trigger a series of emails concerning that exakt booking. Several bookings means several emails.

Is it possible then to target bookings but send the emails from the Profile dimension but using the email address from the booking?

Mikael

Level 10

Hi Mikael,

Thinking about your use case, did you explore the transactional messages option in the application? Using transactional messages, you can target and send a unitary email based on a event (such as a booking).

Other than that, I'm afraid that at the moment regular messages can only be sent to profiles using the email field of the profile resource.

Here are some links about transactional messages that you can go through: Adobe Campaign Help | Event transactional messages

Let me know if that's something you could use. Note that they are automated unitary messages and not standard bulk deliveries (so you wouldn't be triggering the send yourself).

Florent

Level 2

Hi

Well I thought about Transactional message but it is not a good fit in this case. We have all the data in ACS and want to do the targeting and messaging from ACS.

However, now I am thinking that maybe we have to put the contact info related to bookings in the Profile table as well. So we create kind of a Profile for the Booking also. I think that may work at least short term.

Do you know if Custom Target mappings is on the roadmap?

Thanks a lot!

Mikael

Level 10

Hi Mikael,

I don't know the best solution for your use case considering your requirements.

Custom target mappings are not planned for the upcoming months. I'll update this thread if I hear it's coming.

From my own perspective, I'd either create a new profile for each booking (which may result in duplicates for people having multiple adresses) or create a booking table linked to the profile where a profile could have several bookings but only 1 email address (the one in the profile, that you could update when new bookings are made).

Let me know the outcome of your tests,

Florent

Level 2

Thanks!

I think my approach will be to create a profile for each booking. These profiles will be deleted after some time when the booking is old enough.

Later on we might change this if custom target mappings becomes possible.

Thanks for your help!

Mikael