Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Multiple Approval

Level 2

Hi,

I know that whenever there is an approval step in the workflow, and a group of operators assigned to be able to approve, the first one to respond is who defined the outcome. But is there a way to set up the approval to gather the feedback from all reviewers?

And what would happen if some approve and some reject?

Example: I have dragged the Approval control to my canvas and selected the "Multiple approval" option for the Campaign Managers group.

Does that mean that the workflow would wait till all of them have responded?

1046754_pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Pavlina

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Pavlina,

Yes it should wait until they have all responded and the Yes branch should only execute if they all approve. You can test this to confirm the behavior works as expected. (And thanks for using the forum!)

Linda

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Pavlina,

Yes it should wait until they have all responded and the Yes branch should only execute if they all approve. You can test this to confirm the behavior works as expected. (And thanks for using the forum!)

Linda

Level 2

Thanks Linda,

so, if some approve and others reject, the workflow will remain in a Started state but will not continue, right?

To continue the workflow, all approvers have to be on one opinion, so the campaign manager should restart the workflow to give them the chance to go through the approval step again?

Regards,

Pavlina

Employee

Hi Pavlina,

Though this question seems quiet old, but can be useful to other forum users

If One of the operator approves the request and the other rejects, both the branches will execute and the workflow will not  wait on the approval activity for all the responses, it will be in started state and will keep execution in progress as soon as it gets its first response (approval/rejection).

If approval comes first, the yes branch will continue the execution further and  as soon as rejection comes, the no branch will also start execution and vice versa.

You can see this in below screenshot, as soon as the no response came from an operator, the workflow started running and again yes response came from other user and the yes branch started its execution.

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps.

Community Advisor

Hi,

This feature appears to operate differently than intended in build 8981.

With Multiple approval checkbox checked and 2 approvers, for each response it will execute the workflow from approval activity, and then again for good measure, resulting in 3 executions instead of 1.

The logInfo(1) is on the End block:

1851045_pastedImage_1.png

1851044_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

-Jon