I have tried this two ways using the number box as the input zone.
Using the number box, I specify the storage option of ‘Filter Entities’ and specify the database field for the campaign code. When I test this, the report still returns results for all campaign codes.
Following what is shown in the training video linked above, I have also tried using the option of ‘a variable’ as my input zone. When I test this, the report errors out with: XTK-170018 Parameter of query 'vars/[CRM_Campaign_Code]' is not defined in current context. XTK-170006 Unable to parse expression '$(vars/[CRM_Campaign_Code]) != '''.
I must be missing something obvious. Given that the general report displays as expected, but only has issues once I try to filter the report to a specific campaign I believe the problem is with how I configured the input zone.
The error from using a variable was the needing to correctly identify the carriable itself, based on the data type. So adding ToString() allowed this to work. So it looks like this: ToString($([vars/CRM_Campaign_Code]))