Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Identifying Existing Contacts

Level 6

Hi all,

We currently have a requirement where at the point of sign-up we need to somehow cater for anyone who is already in our marketing database.

Currently our sign up form has an associated transactional message that triggers and sends the new contact a double opt-in email. The problem we have is if someone is signing up without realising that are already in the system.

The transactional email only sends to new contacts who haven't received it before, so as far as the existing contact is concerned they get the success landing page saying they will receive an email... but they don't. Also there is no way we can get the form to recognise if a contact already exists so we have a problem.

I thought about using dynamic content on the success landing page, but this won't work as 'relative' isn't an option when looking to display content based on the profile creation date. I can select Absolute and use the 'before' logic but I then need to select a specific date. Is there a way of saying 'today' regardless of what date it is?

If I can use dynamic content I can simply edit the wording and links to reflect if they are new to the system, or if they existing prior to completing the form again.

Essentially if they are new contacts we want to encourage them to confirm their subscription. If they are existing we want to encourage them to enter their preference center and select the areas of interest to them.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Many thanks,

Bob

0 Replies