Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

How to dynamically schedule delivery based on past open time?

Level 2

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can schedule a delivery in a way that it is automatically sent on the best time per individual recipient or a group of recipients, based on results (opens) from the past?

Best regards,

Suzanne

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Suzanne,

Which version of Campaign are you using? I know that for AC Standard we have an option called "send time optimization" located in the scheduling of a delivery, but I'm not sure we have the same in AC Classic.

Florent

Level 2

Hi Florent,

We are using AC v6.

I've been experiencing now by scheduling a delivery (hourly), based on the hour that a previous delivery was opened by the recipient. This works, but it would be more interesting to choose the hour of the day that a recipient opens all received deliveries from us.

Below you can see our current query after the scheduler:

1441076_pastedImage_0.png

I need to check if there's a way to count the times that a recipient opened a delivery for every hour of the day and than use the highest count to dynamically schedule the new delivery per recipient, so it's really based on the open trend instead of open time of the last delivery. Any ideas of how to do this?

Best regards,

Suzanne

Level 10

Hi Suzanne,

I guess that would be possible by combining some aggregate functions and maybe some JS/custom code, but that goes beyond my knowledge.

For example, by extracting each Hours of the open time for all tracking logs of a single recipient, grouping them, and counting which has the most, and then storing that value in a new field of the recipient schema. I'm not 100% sure it's easily feasible and that might be really heavy to compute individually for each recipient of your database.

Let us know if you make progress on this.

Florent

Level 1

Can multiple emails not be selected within the query?

i am wanting to do something similar but agree with Suzanne that doing it from 'last sent email or specified delivery isn't quite as useful.

Thanks

Craig

Level 1

Apologies - by this I meant can you add an 'OR' statement within the query to add multiple deliveries?

Very manual but if its a case of updating the query each time a new newsletter is sent (for example) then that wouldn't present much extra work.

Just a thought and I could be wrong!